Elizabethtown

Started by nevereven, March 27, 2003, 03:55:06 PM

Finn

well hopefully it'll be ten times better than Garden State. the internet trailer is a little disappointing, despite a few shots...it just doesn't look very Cameron Crowe-ish. but it's just an early trailer for the net so maybe it'll be a lot better than it looks right now.
Typical US Mother: "Remember what the MPAA says; Horrific, Deplorable violence is okay, as long as people don't say any naughty words."

Redlum

I was a little underwhelmed. But then I figure Crowes films play so much off a feeling, that a montage set to music just isnt going to be able to cut-it. I really wish I hadnt seen Garden State now.

I liked the urn held high above the head in Lloyd Dobbler fashion.
\"I wanted to make a film for kids, something that would present them with a kind of elementary morality. Because nowadays nobody bothers to tell those kids, \'Hey, this is right and this is wrong\'.\"
  -  George Lucas

Stefen

Jesus, that was the most boring thing i've ever seen. Just a bunch of shots of the actors and how adorable they are, and how they are acting! I only watched the first few minutes though. Could be really good though, just wish it had more dialogue cause thats Crowes strong point, but oh well. I'll see it.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

Myxo

That poster is really beautiful.

Ultrahip

The whole movie is really beautiful.

Gamblour.

WWPTAD?

Kal

I had no idea how this was gonna look... but I think I actually like this now

SiliasRuby

This is going to be one hell of a movie. Even though I didn't get much information from the trailer,i t gave me a overall really pleasant feeling.
The Beatles know Jesus Christ has returned to Earth and is in Los Angeles.

When you are getting fucked by the big corporations remember to use a condom.

There was a FISH in the perkalater!!!

My Collection

Bethie

For some reason I can't view the trailer. Probably because I'm a woman.
who likes movies anyway

A Matter Of Chance

Yeah, I think this will be good. Probably not amazing, but really good. I trust Cameron Crowe to not be Zach Braff, nor try to take anything from him. That online clip deal was an ordeal to get through though.

modage

saw the trailer for this before War of the Worlds.  i didn't realize one was coming out already after that 9 minute clip or whatever.  i'm not sure if it's online yet but it looks good.  also saw a stand-up of it which is basically the poster surrounded with other pictures in a scrapbook (royal tenenbaums-esque) format.  can't wait.  :yabbse-thumbup:
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

MacGuffin

Quote from: themodernage02i'm not sure if it's online

http://www.elizabethtown.com/trailer.html
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Stefen

Ah, that's a good trailer. I couldn't even get through that 9 minute clip cause it was just a bunch of pretty people for 9 minutes. But this trailer is fantastic, until at the end when movie man jumps in and it reminds of when I used to rent videos before dvd came out and they would play a trailer for a movie I had never even heard of that came out on video months before. I like it though, it seems really sweet. Someone else mentioned it reminds them of Garden State and I have to agree, except the problem I had with Garden State was when Natalie Portman showed up, this seems to be a whole movie of Natalie Portman showing up, but done right and not embarassingly. I'm so happy.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

Kal

Love the music on the trailer... and Kirsten... but Orlando just doesnt cut it

We'll see

Finn

I saw the trailer right before War of the Worlds. It looks good but hopefully Crowe won't make it too cheesy or anything. It looks a lot more like a Crowe movie than that early internet trailer.
Typical US Mother: "Remember what the MPAA says; Horrific, Deplorable violence is okay, as long as people don't say any naughty words."