another matrix thread (hot potato)

Started by sphinx, March 18, 2003, 06:31:10 PM

MacGuffin

Exclusive UK Matrix Revolutions Teaser Trailer!

There's been rumors that there is a teaser trailer for The Matrix Revolutions playing in UK theaters, and now here's a first look! The third and concluding chapter in the blockbuster trilogy hits theaters and IMAX on November 5.

Check out the trailer here.

Requires WinRar:
http://download.com.com/3000-2250-10007677.html

Shows a few more clips than the Enter The Matrix and end of Reloaded trailers did.  :yabbse-thumbup:
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

MacGuffin

Matrix Revolutions Theatrical Trailer Coming When?
Source: Coming Attractions at Cinescape

Coming Attractions at Cinescape is hearing that Warner Bros. is releasing the new trailer for The Matrix Revolutions in theaters on September 12, most likely with Ridley Scott's Matchstick Men. The trailer isn't expected to be all new though, but more of a re-editing of previous seen material with a couple of new shots as well.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

picolas

Quote from: MacGuffinThe trailer isn't expected to be all new though, but more of a re-editing of previous seen material with a couple of new shots as well.

my favourite so far has been the theatrical trailer..i don't get why they keep changing the "we missed you" take..

MacGuffin

Quote from: picolasmy favourite so far has been the theatrical trailer..

I like the UK one best. I liked The Oracle narration and that you saw a quick glimpse of Persephone in the theatrical trailer, but I liked the weird look and laugh of Agent Smith in the Enter The Matrix one. The UK has it all.

Skeleton FilmWorks

picolas

the laugh is gold. maybe my favourite evil laugh of all time.

Sleuth

I can't get it to work.  I have winRar, but it won't let me extract it
I like to hug dogs

MacGuffin

It says, "you will need mpeg2 codecs".

I had trouble too, and I don't remember how I finally got it to work, but now I just use PowerDVD. WinDVD also works.

Skeleton FilmWorks

MacGuffin

Silver, Reeves & Pinkett Smith Talk Matrix Revolutions!
Source: The Herald Sun, Entertainment Weekly

The Herald Sun talked to producer Joel Silver about the highly-anticipated The Matrix Revolutions who says it's "an all-out war between the humans and the machines, and will blow minds".

*Possible Spoilers*

One of the key scenes, Silver says, is "a 14-minute, $40 million battle scene that is the most complicated sequence ever put on film." The latest Entertainment Weekly has more on this sequence. The magazine says it's a 14-minute, low-altitude helicopter chase. Whether or not that is accurate, we do not know for sure yet.

What we do know is that "there's a battle between Zion and the machines," Keanu Reeves tells the mag. "And the relationship between Agent Smith and Neo is resolved." Also, "some questions of the journey of Neo as The One are answered. And lost of surprises."

Jada Pinkett Smith returns as Niobe in the third film. "I'm more involved in the story," she says, "I help save the day, and you see my love story with Laurence resolved." She adds, "I don't think anybody gets married."

More Spoilers from The Matrix Revolutions?
Source: The Herald Sun

Even more possible spoilers from The Herald Sun.

The trade claims that the climax of "Revolutions" will be a 17-minute battle which takes place on the scorched earth of the nuclear-ravaged real world, littered with crumbling cathedrals and leading Neo to his true destiny. The segment cost about two-thirds of the $100 million budget of the first film alone.

And can we expect a fourth film? Producer Joel Silver says this is the end. "The story the Wachowskis wanted to tell ends at the end of Revolutions."

Skeleton FilmWorks

Banky

man i really want to see this movie.  It is gonna kick ass.

Sleuth

I like to hug dogs

Banky

Pubrick

under the paving stones.

Banky

ive had this avatar for a while and your just now noticing it ?

MacGuffin

The UK trailer is now available in Quicktime:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
From Entertainment Weekly:

The Matrix Revolutions

''Neo and Trinity get married.'' Keanu Reeves is joking. Come to think of it, maybe he's not. Following ''Matrix'' publicity protocol, the star really isn't yapping much about ''The Matrix Revolutions,'' the third and final (we think) installment in the sci-fi series. Still, he has a few general tips. ''There's a battle between Zion and the machines,'' he says. ''And the relationship between Agent Smith and Neo is resolved. And some questions of the journey of Neo as The One are answered. And lots of surprises.'' One of which, we're guessing, is a much-talked-about 14-minute, low-altitude helicopter chase. Most of our favorite characters are also back, including cyber-sexpot Monica Bellucci as Persephone and Jada Pinkett Smith, whose Niobe continues to lead the rebellion against those oppressive scraps of metal. ''I'm more involved in the story,'' says Pinkett Smith. ''I help save the day, and you see my love story with Laurence resolved.'' Still, she adds, ''I don't think anybody gets married.''

But let's go back and talk about ''Reloaded'' for a minute. The movie will gross $280 million domestically, but critics generally weren't pleased, and, as things played out, summertime audiences cared more about a talking fish than ass-kicking computer viruses. ''The second movie is always the toughest one in a trilogy,'' says series executive producer Bruce Berman, who is confident that viewers will flock to the third installment. They'd better. Warner Bros. and Berman's Village Roadshow took a risk when they shot both ''Matrix'' sequels simultaneously over 18 months in California and Australia -- a great plan if interest builds in the series (see ''The Lord of the Rings''), but potentially deadly if people decide they've just had enough (''Back to the Future'').

Also complicating things is the continued silence of the Wachowski Brothers, who don't do any press. ''Why would they want to give answers to something that's about searching for yourself?'' says Reeves. He's got a point, but the shroud of mystery surrounding the writer-directors got a little tattered earlier this year when older sibling Larry showed up to ''Reloaded'''s L.A. premiere dressed kinda funny with a supposed dominatrix on his arm. ''Did that happen?'' Reeves asks seriously. ''I don't remember that.'' So he's the one.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Double Trouble

''Matrix'' movies create an Oscar dilemma. Warner Bros. is worried that their two-part movie may compete against itself in the Oscar race.

If Warner Bros. ends up not submitting ''The Matrix Reloaded'' for Oscar consideration, it won't be because they were disappointed in the sequel. It's just that the Academy has decreed that ''Reloaded'' and November's ''The Matrix Revolutions'' must be considered separately, leaving Warner Bros. worried that the two would compete with each other and hurt the franchise's Oscar chances, according to the Hollywood Reporter. So Warner Bros. is currently considering submitting only ''Revolutions'' for the awards, the trade paper reports.

Meanwhile, Miramax could face a similar dilemma with ''Kill Bill.'' The first part of the movie (which was initially set to be a single film) is set for release Oct. 10, and the studio has considered releasing the second part before Oscar's Dec. 31 cutoff, according to the Reporter. The studio has yet to come up with an Oscar strategy for the film, but the easiest gambit might be to simply release ''Kill Bill Vol. 2.'' Since director Quentin Tarantino hasn't actually finished the second movie yet, he probably agrees.

Skeleton FilmWorks

Banky

nice

check for the shot of the nebakanezzar in the feilds.  Man i hope this thing delivers.