The Master - Spoiler-Free Thread

Started by MacGuffin, December 02, 2009, 10:12:15 PM

©brad

Quote from: Jeremy Blackman on September 20, 2012, 04:01:28 PM
Wouldn't we be disappointed if this were not polarizing, though? I know I would be.

Sure but only if it's polarizing among smart critics/ppl. Morons hating it is a given and irrelevant.

Kellen

Jeremy Blackman

I'm seeing this on Sunday with my younger sister to expand her cultural horizons. (And yes, I've waited this long, so I can wait an extra two days.) Going to the newly renovated Uptown Theatre (re-opened a week ago), which is the only place it's playing.

It looks like I will probably never see The Master in 70mm.

HeywoodRFloyd

Look no pressure on you guys, but if I lived in the States, I would definitely fly to a city playing The Master in 70mm, in fact I would have already flown to NY and seen it 5 times by now, just saying..

Reel

well, if I lived in Australia I wouldn't fly anywhere because I just started watching Lost

Pubrick

Lost ended here at the same time as the US. And it was shit.

You should've said if you were in Australia you wouldn't fly anywhere cos it costs a million dollars.. which thankfully is what we make in an hour, but I'd still rather not spend it out of principle.

Edit: Heywood has enlightened me as to the reference you were making, well done. Could've been less ambiguous.
under the paving stones.

modage

Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Ulivija

New trailer!

Click on Exclusive: The Master - Experience TV Spot

http://www.fandango.com/movie-trailer/themaster-trailer/136945

polkablues

Best part:

QuoteAre you the type of person who loves to play the contrarian, and who would delight in telling all your obnoxious friends how amazingly overrated you find that pretentious garbage everyone won't shut up about?

There is a pig in shit. And then there is a pig who accidentally wanders into the fecal storage area of a shit-processing plant. You will be the latter.

SEE IT. You are gonna get the chance to be SUCH A DICK about it.
My house, my rules, my coffee

HeywoodRFloyd

Quote from: Ulivija on September 21, 2012, 11:50:59 AM
New trailer!

I always have a problem with Fandango, their videos just don't play. Anyone else facing this problem?

Kellen

Quote from: HeywoodRFloyd on September 21, 2012, 01:31:32 PM
Quote from: Ulivija on September 21, 2012, 11:50:59 AM
New trailer!

I always have a problem with Fandango, their videos just don't play. Anyone else facing this problem?

The page won't even load up for me.

Drenk

From Annapurna

Funny :yabbse-grin:

And, by the way, a quote from a review:

QuoteYes, such a description describes all of the singularly gifted Anderson's work thus far, whether it's the sprawling, unruly adult film industry drama Boogie Nights, the intricately woven and enchantingly messy Magnolia, or the ferociously cynical and searing period masterpiece There Will Be Blood.

Once again, someone is talking about Anderson's movies; and, once again, Punch Drunk Love disappears.
Ascension.

HeywoodRFloyd

Here are the Youtube links of the new TV Spots:

The end of this first one, fucking wow. I've heard so much about this scene, apparently one of the greatest in recent cinema.
Experience

Power

P Heat

Quote from: Jeremy Blackman on September 20, 2012, 10:54:35 PM
It looks like I will probably never see The Master in 70mm.

Same. :(. I'll be going to an old ass theater so I can have a better affect though LOL.  This kind of makes me mad at P.T for even doing 70mm, but then again he thought he was only going to show it in 70mm like 1-2 times with the original thought of showing 35mm anyway.
Quote from: Pubrick on September 11, 2012, 06:33:41 PM
anyway it was after i posted my first serious fanalysis. after the long post all he could say was that the main reason he wanted to see the master was cos of all the red heads.
:P