Hayden Christensen

Started by life_boy, February 22, 2003, 03:14:36 AM

life_boy

Maybe it's just me, but I haven't found what's so great about his "acting style".  Any thoughts?

Bud_Clay

Not a big fan of mr.christensen's...in fact im unpleasantly reminded of justin timberlake when mr.christensen expresses his "acting technique".

is it just me or did it seem as if hayden was called in to shoot all his scenes in episode 2 the same day he was notified he would be young anikan skywalker? or maybe they shot all his scenes right after the screen tests...or were all of his scenes just taken right from the screen tests and put into the computer while a little cgi here and there does the rest?

also fuck me if i'm wrong but in the scene where hayden and ewan have their backs to us looking out on the balcony, did that not resemble the beginning of an N'SYNC music video before they break out dancing? ahhhh i dunno...maybe it's all in my head.

life_boy

Maybe there's some underlying sexual tension between Obi-Wan and Anakin that has yet to be explored yet.  Where's God Damn Im Da Man?

Duck Sauce

Quote from: life_boyMaybe it's just me, but I haven't found what's so great about his "acting style".  Any thoughts?

is there anything? He was a poor choice for SW2, although anybody else probably couldnt have saved it

picolas

using only Star Wars as my ActOmeter...he can't do any internal thought whatsoever...the ActOmeter gives him a (-4).

ReelHotGames

Watch "Life as a House" and you'll see the boy can act if he's given material.

I'm a Star Wars Whore, but Uncle George should be the guiding force (heh heh) and not the writer/director, but you know - all in all it's his movies so we can whine and cry all we want about them, but using Clones as a litmus test for Hayden's acting and of course you'll wonder what the hubbub is about. But even Natalie and Ewan and Sam and Liam and on and on look fairly flacid compared to what we know of their abilities. :twisted:
"Body Count Cinema the Customizable Card Game"
A cinematic CCG coming to a coffee table near you!
www.reelhotgames.com/BodyCountCinema_Home.htm

Xixax

Michael beat me to the punch. He was great in Life as a House. He was still definitely Hayden - no question there. But the role fit him much better than the Star Wars role seems to. I think he was a bad casting choice for Star Wars, but in the right role, Hayden isn't bad.
Quote from: Pas RapportI don't need a dick in my anus to know I absolutely don't want a dick in my anus.
[/size]

life_boy

Yeah but I didn't like him in Life As a House either.  I didn't understand why people were talking about that performance so much and getting a SAG nomination and everything.  It wasn't the lifeless mess that Star Wars is/was, but it wasn't great either, in my opinion.

ReelHotGames

Quote from: life_boyYeah but I didn't like him in Life As a House either.  I didn't understand why people were talking about that performance so much and getting a SAG nomination and everything.  It wasn't the lifeless mess that Star Wars is/was, but it wasn't great either, in my opinion.

You're obviously drunk :wink:
"Body Count Cinema the Customizable Card Game"
A cinematic CCG coming to a coffee table near you!
www.reelhotgames.com/BodyCountCinema_Home.htm

bonanzataz

Life as a House was an overrated piece of shit that was one of the few movies I've ever had to turn off because of sheer hatred. A lot of the hatred stemmed from the awful, cliched script, most of it came from our young jedi in question, Mr. Hayden Christensen.
The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls

Xixax

Quote from: bonanzatazLife as a House was an overrated piece of shit that was one of the few movies I've ever had to turn off because of sheer hatred. A lot of the hatred stemmed from the awful, cliched script, most of it came from our young jedi in question, Mr. Hayden Christensen.

Quote from: michael alessandroYou're obviously drunk
Quote from: Pas RapportI don't need a dick in my anus to know I absolutely don't want a dick in my anus.
[/size]

Jeremy Blackman

Quote from: mogwaiGeorge Lucas couldn't wait 15 years for the little kid to grow up. :wink:

who was even worse..  :shock:  ...

Jeremy Blackman

There are way too many smileys on this page.

Raikus

QuoteHe was great in Life as a House. He was still definitely Hayden - no question there. But the role fit him much better than the Star Wars role seems to. I think he was a bad casting choice for Star Wars, but in the right role, Hayden isn't bad.

I liked Life as a House very much... except for Hayden. It was written well, but tell me you couldn't put "It's Obi Wan's fault! He's holding me back," after every dramatic line in Life as a House. Hayden has two settings as an actor--Creepy and Bitchy.
Yes, to dance beneath the diamond sky with one hand waving free, silhouetted by the sea, circled by the circus sands, with all memory and fate driven deep beneath the waves, let me forget about today until tomorrow.

Pwaybloe

Quote from: RaikusHayden has two settings as an actor--Creepy and Bitchy.

Yeah, so do women with PMS.