Now Playing

Started by Mesh, May 15, 2003, 05:18:24 PM

Neil

it's not the wrench, it's the plumber.

tpfkabi

Quote from: Neil on November 17, 2009, 12:28:45 AM
M. Ward = Awesome.

I was on a mini M. Ward kick after seeing his ACL performance, but I was listening to Hold Time and Monsters of Folk.
I am Torgo. I take care of the place while the Master is away.

Neil

Quote from: bigideas on November 17, 2009, 09:09:00 AM
Quote from: Neil on November 17, 2009, 12:28:45 AM
M. Ward = Awesome.

I was on a mini M. Ward kick after seeing his ACL performance, but I was listening to Hold Time and Monsters of Folk.

this blew my mind open, now it's an empty room.

socketlevel

i was kinda disappointed with that monsters of folk album... i really liked the first track then it goes downhill fast.
the one last hit that spent you...

Neil

Odd, that's one of my least favorites on the album.  There are some great basic tunes and lyrics on that record.

squints

Beach House - Teen Dream

sure wish i could put this on my '09 list.
"The myth by no means finds its adequate objectification in the spoken word. The structure of the scenes and the visible imagery reveal a deeper wisdom than the poet himself is able to put into words and concepts" – Friedrich Nietzsche

tpfkabi

Quote from: squints on November 17, 2009, 04:24:06 PM

Beach House - Teen Dream

sure wish i could put this on my '09 list.

the whole album leaked?
i know they just previewed the first single recently (yesterday?).
I am Torgo. I take care of the place while the Master is away.

cinemanarchist

My assholeness knows no bounds.

polkablues

Quote from: socketlevel on November 17, 2009, 12:35:19 PM
i was kinda disappointed with that monsters of folk album... i really liked the first track then it goes downhill fast.

I thought it was a solid album, but not as good as an average album by any individual member.
My house, my rules, my coffee

squints

Animal Collective - Fall be Kind

ummm...yes!
"The myth by no means finds its adequate objectification in the spoken word. The structure of the scenes and the visible imagery reveal a deeper wisdom than the poet himself is able to put into words and concepts" – Friedrich Nietzsche

edison

Stefen

^it's simple and good. The guy has one of the worst voices ever, but the girl sounds sexy and sultry. Can't believe they're only like 19.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

hedwig

squints

The Perineum Falcon

Recently was wowed and awed by Elevator to the Gallows, which Miles Davis did the (improvised) score for, and so have been listening to:

We often went to the cinema, the screen would light up and we would tremble, but also, increasingly often, Madeleine and I were disappointed. The images had dated, they jittered, and Marilyn Monroe had gotten terribly old. We were sad, this wasn't the film we had dreamed of, this wasn't the total film that we all carried around inside us, this film that we would have wanted to make, or, more secretly, no doubt, that we would have wanted to live.