A Tortellini Story - journey into food

Started by kotte, January 23, 2004, 06:58:51 PM

kotte

I'm sorry but I'm just very happy.

This is the camera I'm shooting my short with in february:

And lets not forget the steadicam. A freakin' steadicam!

cowboykurtis

what is this film budgeted at -- is panavision helping you out at all with rental costs? they hooked me up with a free camera when i shot mine, but it was a pana gold -- still did the trick -- its really about the optics -- waht kind of lens are you getting? best of luck my friend.
...your excuses are your own...

kotte

Quote from: cowboykurtiswhat is this film budgeted at -- is panavision helping you out at all with rental costs? they hooked me up with a free camera when i shot mine, but it was a pana gold -- still did the trick -- its really about the optics -- waht kind of lens are you getting? best of luck my friend.

The budgets on 37 000 swedish crowns.

$1 = 7,05 kr

So about $5250. That includes: Camera, lights, steadicam, 8 rolls of film, film developing, grading and sound equpment.

A pretty good deal. I have a great New Zealand DP who takes care of the technical side of things. He totally understand my willing to learn as much about it as possible since I've never shot on 35 before. He's great.

TheVoiceOfNick

Hey, i'm excited for you... a first time 35mm shooter... I hope all goes well.  I'm wondering what type of financing you did for this film.  Are you getting the money from an endowment, a rich relative, or did you raise it from investors?

kotte

Quote from: TheVoiceOfNickHey, i'm excited for you... a first time 35mm shooter... I hope all goes well.  I'm wondering what type of financing you did for this film.  Are you getting the money from an endowment, a rich relative, or did you raise it from investors?

The money's my own. I've saved up for a while.

kotte

So I just finished shooting my 35mm short. I actually shot it saturday but I've been asleep since. Woke up ten minutes ago :)

I love shooting on 35mm. I was the youngest one on set and I had a crew of ten people under me (art, camera, production)...not counting the actors and extras. Amazing...and just dropped off the film at the lab. Can't wait to see the results.

This is all alot of brag but I've wanted to shoot 35mm for so long.

Ended up shooting on Arri instead of Panavision...

Ghostboy

Congrats! Who in the picture is you, if anyone? And isn't it great to have behind-the-scenes-shots from your own movies that have dollies and fancy setups in them?

EDIT: not to mention having the actual movie containing the product of said fancy setups and dolly shots.

SoNowThen

that, my friend, Kotte, is beautiful!!
Those who say that the totalitarian state of the Soviet Union was not "real" Marxism also cannot admit that one simple feature of Marxism makes totalitarianism necessary:  the rejection of civil society. Since civil society is the sphere of private activity, its abolition and replacement by political society means that nothing private remains. That is already the essence of totalitarianism; and the moralistic practice of the trendy Left, which regards everything as political and sometimes reveals its hostility to free speech, does nothing to contradict this implication.

When those who hated capital and consumption (and Jews) in the 20th century murdered some hundred million people, and the poster children for the struggle against international capitalism and America are now fanatical Islamic terrorists, this puts recent enthusiasts in an awkward position. Most of them are too dense and shameless to appreciate it, and far too many are taken in by the moralistic and paternalistic rhetoric of the Left.

kotte

Me and script supervisor Anna by the monitor...where I spent most of my time...hehe. :)

metroshane

Congrats.  It takes some balls to get that many people to believe in you.
We live in an age that reads too much to be intelligent and thinks too much to be beautiful.

Redlum

\"I wanted to make a film for kids, something that would present them with a kind of elementary morality. Because nowadays nobody bothers to tell those kids, \'Hey, this is right and this is wrong\'.\"
  -  George Lucas

rustinglass

my congratulations!
These pictures made my day. they motivated me to fight for my film (the BETA thread), it's in trouble: one of the guitarists left the band, everyone is pissed and delaying a shooting day, and I don't have enough money to buy a new battery for that fucking relic, so no exterior shots... unless I buy a lot of extensions.
"In Serbia a lot of people hate me because they want to westernise, not understanding that the western world is bipolar, with very good things and very bad things. Since they don't have experience of the west, they even believe that western shit is pie."
-Emir Kusturica

Pastor Parsley

Congrats!  What's the film about...did you post the script here?

kotte

The short's called "The Tortelloni Suicide". A 4 minute film about a food critic and a restaurant owner.

Me giving direction to actors. :)

The Arri...sweet Arri...and a blurry 1st AD

I might seem self-absorbed but I'm proud of this project..

freakerdude

Quote from: kotteThe short's called "The Tortelloni Suicide". A 4 minute film about a food critic and a restaurant owner.
It sounds like it's right up my alley since I am a huge restaurant buff (not critic) here in Atlanta. Nice set up even though I'm not in the biz.
MC Pee Pants