25th hour

Started by Ernie, April 23, 2003, 06:42:52 PM

Ernie

I don't think there's a thread about this movie yet so I decided to make one because, dammit...I wanna talk about it. I think it's a fucking beautiful film and I can't wait to buy it. I was just realizing recently (like today) how great it actually was...just thinking about Spike Lee I started thinking a lot about it and then...I don't know, I just had like an epiphany, you know? Thinking, "wow, that film was fucking amazing." That ever happen to you guys?

Anyway there's a lot of stuff I loved about the film...so I just wondered who liked it, who didn't...for the people that liked it: favorite parts, lines, characters, etc...whatever you want.

-----------MINOR SPOILER BELOW---------------

One of my favorite little parts: I don't remember exactly what point in the film this part is in...but at one point in the film there's this little 1-2 second quick, still photo insert of a little kid's drawing...don't remember what it's a drawing of...anyway, I think it said something like "you can never stop new york city" or something like that. I loved that little part! I teared the fuck up really horribly at that part, seriously...that was POWERFUL! Even as much as the PERFECT "fuck you" montage...I was almost crying at that part, once the momentum built up...Spike Lee can do that stuff to me...he can just do that so right.

----------END SPOILER------------

So, it's your guys turn...don't redirect me by the way.

Also, one footnote...I'm thinking about buying She's Gotta Have It blindly (the VHS)...I wondered if this is a good/great move. The new Mars Blackmon ads have made me wanna see it really bad...and I think buying it blindly is my only choice if I wanna see it because it's not on Netflix (no dvd) and it's not at blockbuster...so if you guys could just tell me if it's a good idea. I love Do the Right Thing and Jungle Fever too if that's any indication of my taste. Thanks.

EL__SCORCHO

I loved 25th Hour. One of my favorites of 2002. I haven't seen "She's gotta have it" but once you see it, please post your reaction here. I'd be really interested to hear what anybody has to say about this film.

soixante

I am definitely looking forward to seeing 25th Hour.  Put Ed Norton and Phil Hoffman in the same movie, gotta see it.  When is it out on DVD?
Music is your best entertainment value.

Pedro

Quote from: soixanteI am definitely looking forward to seeing 25th Hour.  Put Ed Norton and Phil Hoffman in the same movie, gotta see it.  When is it out on DVD?
May 20th.