Los Bastardos

Started by Alexandro, January 18, 2010, 12:55:41 PM

Alexandro

Director: Amat Escalante
Amat Escalante's award winning film about two undocumented Mexican day-labourers in L.A. Each day they stand on the corner at the home improvement store seeking employment. Today, the job they are given is well paid compared to their poor usual wages. Today, one of them carries a shotgun inside his backpack. Mexico/France/USA. 2008. 90 min. Color.

TRAILER

I highly recommend this to everyone out there. It's a purposely amoral and apolitical view at a situation that way too many filmmakers from both sides of the border have trivialized with ideologically tendencious movies and "messages". Deliberately slow yet tense, building up uneasiness in a calm, sober manner. The cinematography is beautiful and the performances by the non actors really outdo a lot of what pros are doing right now. The final ten minutes made me shit my pants.

Pas

great I dloaded it already but wasn't sure if I was gonna watch it. Does look awesome. I read in a review about a quote that goes:
''WHY are you doing this to us???
- Por el dinero''

or something like that, which I found awesome.

RegularKarate

This is streaming on Netflix instant now.  Just added it to the queue... hope to watch it soon.