trailer remixes

Started by 72teeth, October 04, 2005, 10:55:30 PM

The Red Vine

"No, really. Just do it. You have some kind of weird reasons that are okay.">

modage

yes, it was really good.  the perfect dubbing added a new dimension to it's greatness.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

The Red Vine

"No, really. Just do it. You have some kind of weird reasons that are okay.">

polkablues

Quote from: RedVines on March 03, 2006, 01:06:22 PM
make sure you watch this to the very end

Because that's the only funny part in the whole thing.
My house, my rules, my coffee

Fernando

MacGuffin

"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

picolas

Kal

That last one is very well done, Sleepless in Seattle. The one with Monsters Inc wasnt so good. It had some funny parts, but its not well done... you wouldnt buy it as a real trailer.

Ghostboy

Rounding out the trio of best fake trailers (also including Shining and Toy Story Requiem) is this: 8 1/2 Mile

matt35mm

Nah.  Beyond the initial cleverness of the title thing, it relentlessly shows what the lyrics are saying in a kind of annoying and boring way.  It pairs almost every line of the song with an accompanying image, and limits itself that way, whereas The Shining trailer transcended cleverness, showing exactly what trailer cutting does to an almost scary degree, and every little piece of it is given a second meaning when juxtaposed in the viewers mind regarding what that shot was actually about in the actual movie of The Shining (including the title!).

This 8 1/2 one has none of these meanings or relevancies.

P.S. I think it's time to split this thread and put it as Fake Trailers under News & Theory.  It's odd that all of the fake trailers are going to the Stanley Kubrick forum.

picolas

i'll do that..

i think if that were edited like a trailer rather than a music video it would be much better. but it's still pretty good.

picolas

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bCxF6idjqnk&mode=related&sear%20ch=

if this was just edited better it would almost be on par with the shining. so many moments that become believably horrible out of context.

MacGuffin

The Vader Sessions

David Poland's Hot Blog just posted a downright hilarious clip called The Vader Sessions, which is hosted on YouTube. The clip is just under ten minutes long, and it's basically a bunch of Darth Vader scenes from the original Star Wars. But some clever kooks went and replaced all of the Sith Lord's dialogue with passages from other James Earl Jones performances. And since the actor's voice is so darn distinctive, you'll have no trouble buying Darth Vader as a stone-cold pimp with a stanky backhand.

The "new" Vader spouts dialogue from Field of Dreams, Coming to America, Soul Man, The Great White Hope, The Bingo Long Traveling All-Stars & Motor Kings, and (I believe) The Hunt for Red October.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6A0rwG39Jzk&search=vader%20sessions
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Kal

Chad Vader? This is the funniest thing I've seen in a while...