Thor

Started by MacGuffin, August 09, 2007, 11:13:13 PM

MacGuffin

First pics of Chris Hemsworth wielding the hammer of Thor!
Source: SciFi Wire

When we saw that initial picture of Chris Hemsworth in his Thor outfit last month, our first thought was—you nailed the look, but where's the hammer? Thor's mighty Mjolnir is just as important to the Thunder God as the shield is to Captain America, or that webbing to Spider-Man, and until we saw it, we weren't going to be entirely sold.

So we were thrilled when Collider got hold of some concept art of Hemworth with hammer in hand.

Check it out below!

And now that we've seen Mjolnir glowing, we can't wait to see Hemsworth use it in action!

Thor is slated to hit theaters May 20, 2011.

"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

cronopio 2

that's as acceptable and 'decent' as a contemporary nordic god who holds a shiny hammer can look.
he looks like he's in a metal band you weren't into when you were in seventh grade, and your friends told you they were awesome but even when you were young, you never saw the point of an adult wearing a cape and a heroic vest.
no way this movie will take itself seriously.

Pas

This looks fucking awful though. Like, 1998 awful.

cronopio 2

i finally figured out what's wrong with those pictures. he is not zakk wylde.

Ravi

Why is the handle on the hammer so short? 

Pas

Everyime I see this thing I am baffled by how shitty it looks.

From the moment they didn't cast Alexander Skarsgard in favor of Chris Whatsisdick this project was doomed. That's like not casting Ben Kingsley in the Hamid Karzai biopic.

Also: they took the worst part of Thor (his Donald Blake shit story) and made it the center of the film instead of just having awesome God feuds etc. I thought Branagh was gonna make this a deity Shakespeare-like thing. Nope. Just ANOTHER "student becomes superhero" fare. Oh my God, I wonder how he'll cope with finding out his powers... sigh...

cronopio 2

and that hair looks like somebody cut fabio's hair in photoshop and pasted it to this dude's face.
man.  this is going to be like elektra. i've always thought the avengers project is just a miserable and long excuse to make money. iron man 2 felt like a 200 million dollars trailer for at least five more different movies, and to me that's as crass as movies can get.

cronopio 2

and his crotch don't like right.

MacGuffin

"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

polkablues

My house, my rules, my coffee

MacGuffin

Kenneth Branagh: Thor movie will be the opposite of Iron Man
Source: SfyFy

Thor director Kenneth Branaugh says his superhero movie will be the opposite of Jon Favreau's Iron Man movies—and surprisingly, even if you liked Iron Man, Branagh makes it sound as if that'll turn out to be a GOOD thing.

According to the director, neither he nor the source material is suited to Favreau's improvisational, shoot-from-the-hip technique.

Says Branagh:

"It's a different story, and also, in that regard, Jon is a bit of a genius when it comes to that orchestration and getting the max out of another genius in Downey. ...
"It's how you dance pretty close to the edge to get the sort of modernity and the edge that Iron Man has and the real sharp comic sensibility of those two men. So it's a different kind of dance.

"I think Thor comes from a different place story-wise and character-wise. We have both Norse histories for Thor, hundreds of myths and fables told in many different ways, in addition to what Marvel has pillaged for the past 40 years or so to come up with their version of things, which sits in very strong structure, a really strong narrative structure."

Hard to tell how this filmmaking philosophy will play out on the screen ... but we're looking forward to finding out.

Skeleton FilmWorks

MacGuffin

Skeleton FilmWorks

polkablues

Norse gods should have Norwegian accents, and that's all I have to say about that.
My house, my rules, my coffee

RegularKarate

Quote from: polkablues on December 10, 2010, 06:57:08 PM
Norse gods should have Norwegian accents, and that's all I have to say about that.

exactly... I'm so confused about that.

Pas

This looks even worst than expected. Wtf is Natpo doing in this.