The Master - Spoiler-Free Thread

Started by MacGuffin, December 02, 2009, 10:12:15 PM

Jeremy Blackman

Quote from: matt35mm on June 17, 2011, 11:31:57 PM
What's the source on that? That's not based on the article, is it? Because the article might just be calling it The Master like we've all been calling it The Master.

I would also like to know the source.

Pozer

if that article is the source it aint the title. "pic also stars" - guy wrote this on the toilet from his phone. and where did shooting in "Sacramento" come from? guy wrote this on the toilet from his phone while drunk. I dont blieve it's officially
branded The Master.

pps. i posting this on the toilet from my phone while drunk.

Stefen

I hope it's called The Master. I like the title. It's awesome.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

polkablues

Quote from: S.R. on June 17, 2011, 09:48:11 PM
The Master now has an official title. Not sure how I feel about it.  :yabbse-undecided:

Quote from: S.R. on June 18, 2011, 02:28:16 AM

How many drinks did it take to bring you around?
My house, my rules, my coffee

Stefen

Quote from: polkablues on June 18, 2011, 07:51:04 AM
Quote from: S.R. on June 17, 2011, 09:48:11 PM
The Master now has an official title. Not sure how I feel about it.  :yabbse-undecided:

Quote from: S.R. on June 18, 2011, 02:28:16 AM

How many drinks did it take to bring you around?

Obviously I was trying not to ruin the reveal that The Master was now titled The Master. I was trying to get peeps to click on the Cigs&Redvines link since they provide us a great service and deserve the hits.

Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

polkablues

Oh, got it. Sometimes I need things explained to me.

matt35mm

I also sometimes need things explained to Polka.

Jeremy Blackman

Still need a source.

AntiDumbFrogQuestion

Huh...IF Fiona Dourif is in this, she's technically the Seed of Chuckie.

I wonder how many directions our brains will go in pondering the outcome of this film before it's in the theatre.

Stefen

Brad Dourif starred in Wise Blood too. The film PTA is ripping off!

We got over a year of this to go.

P Heat

The Master might go on different types of directions than Wise Blood or may not but, both will share key resemblances. Both are about a protagonist that after WWII, start a new religion and are anti-christian plus I have a feeling alot of "The Master's" dialogue will be similar to dialogue of Wise Blood like Stefen said a while back in this thread.

BTW anyone been reading the imdb message board with the guy that has a british looking "friend" casted? wonder if the info he is posting is at least half true. If it is sounds good
Quote from: Pubrick on September 11, 2012, 06:33:41 PM
anyway it was after i posted my first serious fanalysis. after the long post all he could say was that the main reason he wanted to see the master was cos of all the red heads.
:P

Pubrick

Quote from: P Heat on June 18, 2011, 11:54:05 PM
BTW anyone been reading the imdb message board with the guy that has a british looking "friend" casted? wonder if the info he is posting is at least half true. If it is sounds good

No, repost the info here cos I hate imdb message boards.
under the paving stones.

P Heat

the worth while reading it pretty spoilery.

backwards_pi & FilmPolice are the ones who seem to have connections. They're encouraged to post about new stuff that happened.
From the Thread: Re: Filming in San Francisco

The friend I mentioned who's booked for Thursday and Friday had a wardrobe fitting yesterday; they called her last night and asked her to come back out to Vallejo today so they could "alter" the dress they picked out for her yesterday. I've never heard of two wardrobe fittings!
This lady lives in the Dublin/Pleasanton area, and she's going to end up making four round-trips to Vallejo altogether -- they should definitely pay her for mileage!

QuoteMy friend who was booked on this was told her role is a maid at a nice house where a party is going on. Laura Dern plays the hostess of the party.

On SFCasting, where roles for this movie are posted (they're calling the film "Untitled Western"),spoiler they've had postings for extras willing to do nude scenes. They say this nudity is very tasteful, and the pay is much higher than usual -- $600 for 8 hours. Apparently it's some sort of fantasy sequence where one of the characters is imagining that some people at that party (including a woman playing the piano) are nude.

When my friend was booked on this scene as the maid, they asked her if she was okay with working in a scene where some people are nude. And she said "Yes -- as long as I'm not one of them!"

Yesterday her call-time was around noon, and she emailed me at 4 a.m. when she had just gotten home. Long day!

Today is her second day and I assume she had an afternoon call-time; I'm really looking forward to seeing how the 2-day shoot went

He should post something new soon.
Quote from: Pubrick on September 11, 2012, 06:33:41 PM
anyway it was after i posted my first serious fanalysis. after the long post all he could say was that the main reason he wanted to see the master was cos of all the red heads.
:P

cronopio 2

you don't drink , polka?

polkablues

I drink.  I don't get drunk much anymore, but I drink some alcohol on an almost-daily basis.

The thing with Stefen's two posts was that it made it seem like he went from being uncertain about the official title to loving it over the course of a few hours, so I made the assumption that alcohol had been a factor.  But then it turned out that he was just a filthy liar and had liked the title all along.  And now I have to learn how to trust all over again.