Grind House

Started by MacGuffin, May 26, 2005, 12:11:11 AM

MacGuffin

Grindhouse Slaughters Region Two
Six-disc release proves how much better Europe can be.

Proving once again that DVD releases overseas are sometimes – and often -- way cooler than what we get here in the States, we'd thought we'd report on the upcoming Region Two DVD Release of Grindhouse. This six-disc release streets across the pond at the end of March 2008 and features the two-disc editions of Planet Terror and Death Proof, the 191-minute theatrical Grindhouse release and a disc of Japanese supplementals.

Horror fans – start drooling...and importing:

DVD 1 - DEATH PROOF FEATURE FILM

Anamorphic (16:9) Widescreen (2.35:1) Version
English DTS, English 5.1 and Japanese 5.1 Audio Options
Optional Japanese subtitles
TV Spot
Trailer

DVD 2 - DEATH PROOF BONUS FEATURES

Quentin Tarantino Introduction
The Hot Rods of Death Proof
Stunts On Wheels: The Legendary Drivers Of Death Proof
Introducing Zoë Bell
Kurt Russell as Stuntman Mike
Finding Quentin's Gals
The Guys of Death Proof
The Uncut Version of "Baby, It's You" Performed by Mary Elizabeth Winstead
Quentin's Greatest Collaborator: Editor Sally Menke
Double Dare Trailer

DVD 3 - PLANET TERROR FEATURE FILM

Anamorphic (16:9) Widescreen (1.78:1) Version
English DTS, English 5.1 and Japanese 5.1 Audio Options
Audio commentary by writer/director Robert Rodriguez
TV Spot
Trailer

DVD 4 - PLANET TERROR BONUS FEATURES

10 Minute Film School
The Badass Babes of Planet Terror
The Guys of Planet Terror
Casting Rebel
Sickos, Bullets and Explosions: The Stunts of Planet Terror
The Friend, the Doctor and the Real Estate Agent

DVD 5 - GRINDHOUSE FEATURE FILM

Anamorphic (16:9) Widescreen (2.35:1) Version
English 5.1 Audio

DVD 6 - JAPAN EXCLUSIVE GRINDHOUSE BONUS FEATURES

GRINDHOUSE US Version Original Trailer
2006 San Diego Comic-Con - Director and Cast Q&A
Tarantino Interview in Japan
Cast & Crew Interviews (including Tarantino, Rodriguez, and Fake Trailer Directors and others...)
Grindhouse Films Featurette (with Tarantino & Rodriguez)
Making of DEATH PROOF
Making of PLANET TERROR
'Trailers' Behind the Scenes
GRINDHOUSE Trailer
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

tpfkabi

i noticed Grindhouse playing in Dallas, so it may be coming to your local arthouse theater...in case you missed the whole thing in it's short theatrical run.
I am Torgo. I take care of the place while the Master is away.

Sleepless

Which cinema in Dallas, and when?

Edit: No matter, found it. Missed it. Cinemanarchist, you're slacking...
He held on. The dolphin and all the rest of its pod turned and swam out to sea, and still he held on. This is it, he thought. Then he remembered that they were air-breathers too. It was going to be all right.

RegularKarate

Found this interesting, Stars is showing the theatrical double feature with the trailers and everything.

Which means Netflix is streaming it.... which means I can watch it on my Roku box.

http://www.netflix.com/Movie/Grindhouse_Double_Feature/70106486

MacGuffin

Director Robert Rodriguez has confirmed (via his Twitter page) that he's working on a new DVD and Blu-ray release of Grindhouse. Presumably, this would be the long-awaited "ultimate" version, combined with the fake trailers and the like.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

MacGuffin

Full Grindhouse DVD, Blu-Ray Release?
Source: ShockTillYouDrop

Edgar Wright revealed via his Twitter account that he's sitting down this week to record an audio commentary for Don't, the faux trailer sandwiched between Planet Terror and Deathproof during Grindhouse's theatrical run.

"Some of you will know what that means is finally happening," Wright says following his announcement. Yes, that means it appears we'll finally get a proper DVD/Blu-Ray release of Grindhouse.

With Dimension exhuming their catalog titles for Blu-Ray (Feast, Pulse and Black Christmas were recently announced), we might just be getting the special edition of the Robert Rodriguez/Quentin Tarantino mash-up we're looking for.

Skeleton FilmWorks

Robyn

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES, finally!

Pubrick

Quote from: KarlJan on July 08, 2010, 04:08:43 PM
YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES, finally!

hahaa oh man, you've been so cool lately i totally forgot your one flaw.

oh well, gotta take the good with the bad i guess. now let me stroke your hair.. :hammer: maybe i can crack that thick norweigan mane just a smidgen, enough to let the QT parasite ooze right out.
under the paving stones.

Robyn

You have forgotten alot of things lately, haven't you?

Quote from: P on July 08, 2010, 10:30:47 PM
norweigan mane

I don't really know what an "mane" is, but I'm pretty sure mine isn't norweigan.

And for now, Tarantino is still a favorite. Mayby it will change if you crack the right mane next time. :shock:

Pubrick

Quote from: KarlJan on July 08, 2010, 11:37:21 PM
I don't really know what an "mane" is, but I'm pretty sure mine isn't norweigan.

haha i meant swedish.

a mane is like the hair on the head of a male lion or a horse:

under the paving stones.

New Feeling

Oh man I am so excited about the prospect of a full-length commentary for this.

72teeth

im excited at the prospect of a full-length mane
Doctor, Always Do the Right Thing.

Yowza Yowza Yowza

modage

$24.99
This title will be released on October 5, 2010.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B003VMFWYI/
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Robyn

Stefen

I'll probably pick this up. It's fun. I like the idea even if I didn't really like the outcome.

Does anyone think this would have been more fun is RR and QT made these low budget instead of spending a fortune to make them look low budget?
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.