Menace II Society?

Started by prophet, October 21, 2003, 10:54:57 PM

Banky

Drinking Your Juice in the Hood (1996)    

Page 13 of 29

Grandma: Ashtray! You little bitch ass motherfucker! Come over here and give your grandma a hug!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ashtray's Mother: Tray, I don't want you hangin' out in the streets. I want you to finish school, 'cause without an education the only kind of work you're gonna get is sellin' drugs, pimpin' women, or workin' security for Eddie Murphy.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dashiki: Now kids, what do we say to a man that Mommy just met?
Kids: Are you my daddy?

[during job interview]
Recruiter: Well, I see your hobbies include "drinkin', smokin' weed, and all kinds of ill shit."

Ashtray's cellmate: If you hit a man, in time his wounds will heal. If you steal from a man, you can replace what you've stolen. But always cross in the green, never in between. Because the honorable Elijah Muhammed Ali floats like a butterfly and stings like a bee. And always remember my brother, one fish, two fish, red fish, blue fish, knick knack, paddy whack, give a dog a bone, two thousand, zero, zero, party, oops! Out of time, my bacon smellin' fine.

Loc Dog: How much for these chips?
Korean Woman: Das five dala!!
Loc Dog: Five dollars?! Damn! I better get some sucky-sucky with that!

Loc Dog: Stay away from Dashiki, Ashtray. She got more kids than Mrs. Wayans!

Ashtray: So, will I see you again?
Ashtray's Mother: Sorry, baby: you know there ain't no positive black females in these movies.

[While filling out job application]
Loc Dog: Name: Loc Dog, baby. Height: Six-deuce! Age: 19. Father's name: mmm... I dunno. Sex: hell yeah, nigga! Salary desired: 3 million dollars! Cash!

Preach: I'm just tryin' to do to white girls what the white man's been doin' to us for 400 years.
Crazy Legs: Yeah, what's that?
Preach: Fuck 'em.

classic

freakerdude

Quote from: lamasI used to love this and all the other "hood" movies of the early 90's.  Now I rewatch alot of them and think they're just so corny and stereotypical and awful.  The only one I still think is quality is Juice.
Juice is one of my favorite movies along with Friday (only the first). I also really liked Forest Whitaker's Strapped.

CB4 is kind of in line with Don't Be A Menace, even this thread isn't about that movie in particular. Fear Of A Black Hat was pretty good for that kind of stuff and was directed, written, and starred Rusty Cundieff. He also co-directs the Chappelle's Show.
MC Pee Pants

Ghostboy

I was really into the hood movies in the mid nineties, at which point I rented this (and the rest) on video. I haven't seen it since then, but if they put out a special edition DVD, I'll definitely pick it up. The fact that they did it when they were nineteen has always been a point of envy for me.

I dug Dead Presidents as well. And while From Hell wasn't entirely satisfactory (especially if you've read the comics), it had many good points and it was cool to see the Hughes brothers expand their territory (even though, as they said in many interviews, it was still a hood movie, which it was, but you get the point).