The Kubrick Collection question

Started by THC, May 13, 2003, 09:13:18 PM

THC

Could someone explain to me what the story is behind the Kubrick collection and why at DVD planet they put "Remasters" next to the title.  Was the collection overhauled again when they added Eyes Wide shut or what's the story.  The reason I ask is because I want to order the collection off of Amazon.ca and it doesn't say remasters beside it and I don't want to get duped.  Especially since the price is insanely low.  The lowest I have ever seen at $140 Canadian which is like $90 american or something.

thanks

-THC
"Come on Bart, we're going to see an R rated movie.  It's called Barton Fink."

MacGuffin

Quote from: THCCould someone explain to me what the story is behind the Kubrick collection and why at DVD planet they put "Remasters" next to the title.

Old Versions:

Remastered Version w/ Eyes Wide Shut and Jan Harlan documentary:

I think DVD Planet just wanted to distinguish between the two.

EDIT: Just checked Amazon.ca and it says 9 discs, so it is the remastered version box.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

cowboykurtis

there is actually a very big difference -- all teh films on the new ox set recieved a new transfer -- the image quality is SO much better. get teh new one.
...your excuses are your own...

phil marlowe

if your player is able to go with region 4, then www.dvdcrave.com has the entire remastered boxset for the humble price of AUD$124.10 wich must be something like US$70.00.