PLEASE...anyone know what is next for this American master

Started by NEON MERCURY, June 17, 2003, 06:37:04 PM

Alexandro

I don't understand if this is actually a trailer for a feature or just a short pretending to be a trailer. If that's the case, every time I see a Lynch short is completely forgettable and there's no real point in taking it seriously.

polkablues

My house, my rules, my coffee

children with angels

Quote from: Alexandro on September 25, 2011, 12:30:47 PM
I don't understand if this is actually a trailer for a feature or just a short pretending to be a trailer.

It's a trailer for the Viennale film festival - I think they get a different director to do it each year.
"Should I bring my own chains?"
"We always do..."

http://www.alternatetakes.co.uk/
http://thelesserfeat.blogspot.com/

modage

NYTimes reveals that Lynch is working on a new script. It's hidden in this long-ass article about T.M.

"A few months later, I reached Lynch by phone at his hotel room in Paris. Bob Roth had told me that Lynch said he was working on a new script and that it was typically dark. When I asked Lynch about this, he paused, annoyed. "Bobby's got a big mouth," he said. I asked him if the script was influenced by his work with T.M., and he said no, absolutely not. This will be a David Lynch picture, he said, adding, "I think people would probably recognize it.""
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

matt35mm

modage

Maybe he wasn't mad. "Bobby's Got A Big Mouth" is the title of his next film.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

chalfont

I don't make a lot out of this....Will there be a new film?

MacGuffin

David Lynch Considering Return To Television

23 years ago, on April 8 1990, David Lynch and Mark Frost shook up the world with the brilliant series premiere of Twin Peaks. Today, David Lynch revealed that he's considering a return to the medium of TV.

On the occasion of attending the 5th International Thriller Film Festival in Beaune, France (April 3-7, 2013) as guest of honor, the director gave an interview to the free daily newspaper, Metro France, in which he explained that he hasn't fallen in love with an idea for a new movie yet, but that he is considering a return to television. From today's edition:

Jerome Vermelin (for Metro France): You could come back with a new series?

David Lynch: I'm thinking about it. I'm thinking about it. Television allows you to tell a story over time, something cinema doesn't. For me, the two formats will always exist, it's like painting in a square or rectangular.

HBO, Showtime, Netflix, AMC, and others... now's the time for your people to talk to his people. And Mark Frost's people. Not necessarily about a third season of Twin Peaks, but about something only this sublime tandem can create.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

chalfont

hmmm...well, there is this "in 25 years" reference i Twin Peaks. Only 2 years to go.....

Garam

socketlevel

Quote from: MacGuffin on April 09, 2013, 11:43:20 PM
David Lynch: I'm thinking about it. I'm thinking about it. Television allows you to tell a story over time, something cinema doesn't. For me, the two formats will always exist, it's like painting in a square or rectangular.

ummm dave... don't know where you been but they're both rectangles now.
the one last hit that spent you...

DBeyond

Quote from: socketlevel on April 12, 2013, 12:01:18 PM

I think he meant to distinguish the option, and for that matter, not everyone. I still have a square television, with cathodic rays. I never liked LCD, for pc's or television - I really love the resulting color in the cathodic ray system.

socketlevel

Quote from: DBeyond on May 04, 2013, 11:23:16 PM
Quote from: socketlevel on April 12, 2013, 12:01:18 PM

I think he meant to distinguish the option, and for that matter, not everyone. I still have a square television, with cathodic rays. I never liked LCD, for pc's or television - I really love the resulting color in the cathodic ray system.

ya i know, but the charm in the statement is the double entendre; which doesn't really apply anymore.
the one last hit that spent you...

chalfont