Have you ever met a famous person/samsong?

Started by Thecowgoooesmooo, April 12, 2003, 01:31:47 PM

cine

Quote from: LostEraserJulianne Moore - Birds Cafe where I used to work. She had trouble finding the bathroom
You should've told her it was far from heaven...

LostEraser

Quote from: Cinephile
Quote from: LostEraserJulianne Moore - Birds Cafe where I used to work. She had trouble finding the bathroom
You should've told her it was far from heaven...

lol! She actually had trouble figuring out which one to go into. They serve chicken at birds and on the bathrooms doors, instead of one saying "men" and one "women" - because they want to be creative and witty (lol!) - there is a picture of a chicken on one and a picture of a rooster on another. She didn't get it so I had to explain it to her.
Capra tells us that, in effect, love's dreams are only dreams and that they will never quite bear translation into practical forms of relationship and expression. They will never be realized in the world but only in our consciousness and in our most daring and glorious works of art - but that, for Capra, is no reason to abandon love's dreams.
--Ray Carney, American Vision: The Films Of Frank Capra

ono

Aww... she could've been blonde.  Although, it's understandable, being confused by that.  Did you say anything about her work?  Compliment her or something?

cine

Quote from: LostEraserthere is a picture of a chicken on one and a picture of a rooster on another. She didn't get it so I had to explain it to her.
That's sad. Next time you see her, please smack her for me. She's a great actress but the rooster thing is.. well.. yeah...

MacGuffin

You'd think from working on Boogie Nights, Julianne would know a cock when she sees one.  :yabbse-cheesy:
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Weak2ndAct

Quote from: LostEraserHow did you meet Richard Beymer (Ben Horne)?
I met all three b/c they were together for someone's b-day.  I have a ridiculous story about subsequent encounters with Kimmy Robertson that is way too long to sum up here.  But I will say: BATSHIT.
Quote from: LostEraserAnd the ultimate one, my personal favorite, is David Lynch.
That's the one guy who I'd probably have fucking palpatations if I ever saw him in person.  He really was the guy who got my creative juices flowing at a young age and inspired me to be come the wreck I am now.  I mean for God's sake, I sobbed in front of Dino DeLaurentiis while I was thanking him for getting Blue Velvet made (my all time favorite movie), I could only imagine what would happen if we actually met up.

cine

Quote from: Weak2ndActI could only imagine what would happen if we actually met up.
You can only imagine what?  What you would say? Or what the restraining order would say?

grand theft sparrow

Having worked at a few awards shows here and there, I've met Tarantino, Uma, Shyamalan, John Cameron Mitchell, Altman, Harvey Keitel, Jane Campion, Peter Fonda, Garry Shandling, etc. So I won't count them.  Though I saw Susan Sarandon and Catherine Deneuve talking after one of these shows and I was watching them, thinking "This is so cool. When am I going to see that again?"  

Then I saw Tony Scott's The Hunger.   :twisted:  

But the only time I actually went up to a famous person and asked for an autograph was at the Disney Pocahontas premiere in Central Park.  I met Francis Ford Coppola, who was a very nice guy and I'd like to think impressed that someone as young as myself (I was 17) would recognize him.  I just remember thinking, "I'm talking to the man who made Apocalypse Now."

El Duderino

Quote from: MacGuffinYou'd think from working on Boogie Nights, Julianne would know a cock when she sees one.  :yabbse-cheesy:

classic
Did I just get cock-blocked by Bob Saget?

A Matter Of Chance

Quote from: hacksparrowI'd like to think [he was] impressed that someone as young as myself (I was 17) would recognize him.

Yeah, I agee, good statement.

Anyway, I met Kelsey Grammer, Sean Connery, Danny DeVito and I saw Spike Lee once in New York, didn't speak to him though.

A friend of mine has spoken to Spike Jonze on many occasions, because he's a big skateboarder and likes Spike's company Girl a lot.

NEON MERCURY

Quote from: LostEraser
And the ultimate one, my personal favorite, is David Lynch. The man himself. I just got lucky and got to meet him because I was an avid DL.com member and chatter and he just invited me up to his studio to talk and hang along with a few other members. I'm very lucky, because he usually just invites girls up. lol! I still have the picture of the two of us together framed. We're both giving the thumbs up sign just like Gordon and Coop.  :-D  :wink: He was very friendly and a real inspiration to meet him. and usually I don't say that about meeting celebs.

.............killer......... 8)
i have always heard that he's a super nice guy..........

..........hjow many cigarettes did he smoke when you met him...?...........

EDIT:..oh, my famous person..? i saw the back of sidney poiterie's neck.....serriously,..

nix

Louise Fletcher

the actors who played Jim and Scout in To Kill a Mockingbird

All of the members of Phantom Planet (including Schwartzman)

All of the members of the band Live (my girlfriend was a big fan)

Andy Dick

Frank Calliendo

Dave Attell

And I guess the biggest one was Chris Rock
"Sex relieves stress, love causes it."
-Woddy Allen

pete

forgot to add, I went to school with Aaron Stanford (Pyro from X2 and the dude who got it on with Bebe Neuworth in Tadpole.)
"Tragedy is a close-up; comedy, a long shot."
- Buster Keaton

meatball

Ok, since we aren't talking about 'meeting' but just somehow being in the presence of:

kirsten dunst
david hasselhoff
john goodman
michelle trachtenburg
the olsen twins
frances mcdormand
jack nicholson
amanda peet
diane keaton
michael ballhaus
doogie hauser
brittany or cynthia daniel
actresses from evil dead
rob tapert

pete

we aren't?
then people are gonna start counting film festivals and rock concerts and NBA games.
"Tragedy is a close-up; comedy, a long shot."
- Buster Keaton