Fahrenheit 9/11

Started by Gold Trumpet, April 01, 2003, 09:21:36 AM

Gold Trumpet

From today's indieWIRE:

Michael Moore Takes Aim at George W. Bush for Next Doc

by Christopher Henderson

Stagehands may get the chance to boo Michael Moore a second time at Oscar 2005. Moore has found a surprising production company, Mel Gibson's Icon Productions to back his next film "Fahrenheit 911." The new documentary will be no less controversial than the Oscar-winning "Bowling for Columbine."

"The primary thrust of the film is what happened to the country since Sept. 11 and how the Bush administration used this tragic event to push its agenda," commented Moore in an interview with Variety. "It certainly does deal with the Bush and bin Laden ties. It asks a number of questions that I don't have the answers to yet, but which I intend to find out."

The potential furor around the new film and the tumult surrounding Moore's Oscar night speech did nothing to deter bidders for "Fahrenheit 911." Variety called the sale, which ended with Icon's bid of more than $10 million up front and potential back end, a "fevered auction." Gibson, a staunch Republican, put politics aside, apparently swayed more by "Bowling for Columbine's" $40 million worldwide gross than its left-leaning bent.

Moore began researching "Fahrenheit 911" more than a year ago and intends to complete it in time for submission to Cannes 2004 and a theatrical release prior to the presidential election next November.

The Bush - bin Laden ties that Moore will explore include George Bush Sr.'s business dealings with Mohammed bin Laden, the Saudi construction magnate who left $300 million to his son, Osama and the connection between the Bush Sr. led CIA and the forces in Afghanistan that fought the Soviet Union in the late 70s and early 80s.

In his Variety interview, Moore attributed the "Fahrenheit" deal and increased sales of his book "Stupid White Men" since his Oscar speech to public support for his politics. "It's because the majority of Americans agree with me, see the economy in the toilet, and didn't vote for George W. People are now realizing that you can question your government while still caring about the soldiers."

~rougerum

MacGuffin

Quote from: MacGuffinDamn, this hasn't happened before. The Gold Trumpet beat me to it. Shit.

cbrad, beat you both, yo:
http://xixax.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=894&start=45
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Gold Trumpet

I don't see Cbr saying anything about this in that link though. I just could be blind, but I don't see it.

~rougerum

MacGuffin

Mac must've changed it

or i'm just not redirect material, damn admins

fixed now
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Jeremy Blackman

Quote from: The Gold TrumpetI don't see Cbr saying anything about this in that link though. I just could be blind, but I don't see it.

"check yo nuts if dey still works"
brother mogwai[/color]

cine

I would love to see the majority of Americans flood in to see "Fahrenheit 911" and then watch Bush lose the election. Boy would I ever love that.

©brad

Quote from: mogwai
Quote from: MacGuffinDamn, this hasn't happened before. The Gold Trumpet beat me to it. Shit.

:yabbse-thumbup:

im da king of the world!

I will never write a post this gay again.

Duck Sauce

Quote from: CinephileI would love to see the majority of Americans flood in to see "Fahrenheit 911" and then watch Bush lose the election. Boy would I ever love that.

Why?

Fahrenheit 911 is going to be brutal

Sleuth

I like to hug dogs

cine

Quote from: Duck Sauce
Why?

Fahrenheit 911 is going to be brutal

Ah, correction, DS... the brutal truth.

©brad

uhh, why r macs, p, mogwai, and jb's posts all mixed up?

Raikus

Quote from: CinephileAh, correction, DS... the brutal truth.

Quote from: tremoloslothhttp://www.hardylaw.net/Truth_About_Bowling.html

In case you haven't notice, truth holds no value with Moore.
Yes, to dance beneath the diamond sky with one hand waving free, silhouetted by the sea, circled by the circus sands, with all memory and fate driven deep beneath the waves, let me forget about today until tomorrow.

sphinx

Quote from: cbrad4duhh, why r macs, p, mogwai, and jb's posts all mixed up?

uh, i don't know what you're talking about...

©brad

Quote from: MacGuffin

Quote from: mogwaiWhat the hell is happening? I'm beaten by a 16 year old wanker who listens to Mogwai!!

maybe i'm going crazy... :?:

I know Mac wrote this-
Quote from: mogwai
Quote from: mogwaiMac must've changed it

or i'm just not redirect material, damn admins

fixed now
Happy now, Mogwai? *grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr*

and p did this one-
Quote from: Jeremy Blackman
Quote from: The Gold TrumpetI don't see Cbr saying anything about this in that link though. I just could be blind, but I don't see it.

"check yo nuts if dey still works"
brother mogwai[/color]

cine

If Moore was lying by any means, I'm certain he would receive HUGE criticism from his book distributors and his book wouldn't be sitting #1 on the Bestseller's List for over a year.
In addition to that, I highly doubt his "Bowling for Columbine" would've been such a success if he lied about the main facts. The only questionable facts Moore made was the two boys possibly didn't go bowling before shooting people (MM still says they did, with over 5 eyewitnesses) and that he didn't get the gun from the bank (MM claims he has the raw footage to prove they sold him the gun there, and also goes on to say he could've had a choice between a gun, a grandfather clock, and something else but I can't remember.. all they had at the bank were guns).
Again I say that Moore, being a left-winger, is not making stuff up for attention. If anyone believes this is the case than you're either to absorbed in Bush's lies or you're too much of a cynic to think SOMEBODY out there knows whats really going on.
Anybody out there who thinks the U.S. is bombing the shit out of Iraq SOLELY to liberate the Iraqi people is more naive/ignorant than one could ever imagine.