The Dark Knight

Started by MacGuffin, September 28, 2005, 01:34:06 PM

MacGuffin

Batman Sequel Title
The latest buzz on the next film.

With Warners moving forward with plans for the sequel to Batman Begins, Batman-on-Film claims to have learned what the film may be called.

According to BoF, the project could be titled either Batman Strikes or Batman Attacks. The site says it has heard both possible titles from more than one trusted source.

So just how far along is the sequel? Here's what a longtime, trusted "insider" had to say:

"This film is further along than people think. Hell, you've got actors (and their agents) scrambling to get a role in the sequel - it's going to be huge! Just look at all the talk about casting The Joker already. There are a lot of actors that covet that role.

From what I've heard, Nolan [director Christopher] and Goyer [screenwriter David] knew what they wanted to do in the sequel before BATMAN BEGINS was filmed. I know that Nolan hasn't signed on, yet, but that is just a matter of time. This is why you are hearing about cast candidates and possible screentests. Things are lined up so that when that [Nolan returning] does happen, they'll be ready to roll.

There is no doubt that they have their ducks in a row."
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Gamblour.

WWPTAD?

Gold Trumpet

Quote from: GamblourHmmmm. Batman Verbs.

Question is, which verb? Somebody change this thread into a poll. An all out duel to which verb is better, "Strikes" or "Attacks". I'll take "Strikes". The other suggests Batman as some enemy combatant. Its all so fucking vague though.

Gamblour.

between Begins, Returns, Strikes, Attacks, i'm sick of him doing anything. Batman Exists.
WWPTAD?

modage

hmm... both have been used by star wars.  dont care at all for attacks, and atleast strikes brings a resemblence to the Dark Knight book so, that one i guess.  though returns is still best.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

cowboykurtis

I think they should follow the lead of the Die Hard franchise

Batman:  With a Vengeance
...your excuses are your own...

polkablues

Quote from: cowboykurtisI think they should follow the lead of the Die Hard franchise

That would have to be the next one.  This sequel would be "Batman 2: Batmanner"
My house, my rules, my coffee

cowboykurtis

Quote from: polkablues
Quote from: cowboykurtisI think they should follow the lead of the Die Hard franchise

That would have to be the next one.  This sequel would be "Batman 2: Batmanner"

i think it would actually be -- Batman: Bat Harder

Garam

No, no. It was right the first time.

Kal

Batman Begins... Batman Continues... Batman Ends

it has to end sometime...

Lets move on to another superhero... Fartman, Radioactive Man, even Green Lantern... enough of the same

Pubrick

under the paving stones.

cowboykurtis

Quote from: GaramNo, no. It was right the first time.

you were right the first time

MacGuffin

Pair of Penguins to Pick From
Plus, who wants to be The Joker?

Batman-on-Film is reporting a few casting rumors about the next Batman movie. Citing a trusted source, BoF claims that Philip Seymour Hoffman, currently winning raves and poised to receive an Oscar nom for his title role in Capote, is in the running to play Oswald Cobblepot, a.k.a. The Penguin, in the sequel.

The cherubic character actor's credits include Boogie Nights, Red Dragon, The Talented Mr. Ripley and Along Came Polly. He will next be seen in Mission: Impossible III.

Another name BoF has been told might be under consideration is oft-mentioned fan fave Bob Hoskins. The husky Cockney thesp seems a good fit for a Christopher Nolan Bat-cast given the filmmaker's penchant for casting British actors.

The rumor mill has suggested that Cobblepot will appear as one of the sequel's villains, not unlike how Batman Begins included Carmine Falcone and Jonathan Crane in supporting roles. He will reportedly be an arms dealer and may be of Russian or British heritage in this version. The Joker is still said to be the main adversary.

Speaking of the Clown Prince of Crime, BoF has also heard that Sam Rockwell (Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, Charlie's Angels) is campaigning for the part but that he might not be under official consideration for it. Say the source, "This doesn't mean he is confirmed or unconfirmed or even under consideration, but I can definitely say that the man is pursuing the role."

Rockwell played Batman in the short film Robin's Big Date, which can be seen here.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

modage

my votes for Hoskins with this one.  but man, i hope they dont overstuff this film with too many characters...
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Gamblour.

WWPTAD?