War Of The Worlds

Started by MacGuffin, March 17, 2004, 01:02:10 AM

MacGuffin

Quote from: Dtm115300Well i was thinking that the photo of Tom and the extras looking stright ahead most likely at an alien ship. Kinda looks like the same scene from Indep-d.

Or it could be from:

"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

rustinglass

damn, that still just convinced me to go buy the dvd of close encounters
"In Serbia a lot of people hate me because they want to westernise, not understanding that the western world is bipolar, with very good things and very bad things. Since they don't have experience of the west, they even believe that western shit is pie."
-Emir Kusturica

MacGuffin

"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Stefen

I like the fact that Cruise seems to be playing an everyday man as oppose to some badass super agent or something. It makes it seem more real. Especially the act that hes driving a minivan. This has potential.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

Kal

This will kick ass... they are still not showing much which its fantastic

El Duderino

I wonder if Manny gets in or dies. Decisions, decisions....
Did I just get cock-blocked by Bob Saget?

picolas

that is EXCITING. THAT IS WHAT I WANT TO SEE[/color]

I actually feel as though I'm a little boy right now.

If I had been a little boy when I saw that, I would've physically died. My body wouldn't've been able to absorb the excitement. Holy SHIT.

Pubrick

Quote from: ewardthat looks like a monty python poster.
which is itself a reference to the Ben Hur poster.

Quote from: picolasthat is EXCITING. THAT IS WHAT I WANT TO SEE[/color]

I actually feel as though I'm a little boy right now.

If I had been a little boy when I saw that, I would've physically died. My body wouldn't've been able to absorb the excitement. Holy SHIT.
hah, yeah i felt it too. spielberg will own this decade, as he owns the last three.
under the paving stones.

modage

yeah less is more is cool.  cool that people who dont know what war of the worlds is wont even know there are aliens or anything in the film.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Alethia

yeah, that was a damn arousing teaser...those shots with dakota fanning are fucking creepy

Ghostboy

FINALLY. A good Dakota Fanning movie! What sort of psychological problems does she have that she can look so utterly terrified so perfectly, as she does in that masterful shot in this trailer?

RegularKarate

I'm just repeating what's already been said, but that is a DAMN good commercial.

So simple, yet so provocative.  And Fanning handles scared real well.  She got me a little freaked.

And yeah, even from just the few lines Cruise utters in this (before he even got into the mini-van), I felt he was a normal, everyday Joe.

This tv spot is really brilliant.  It shows so much without showing much at all.

Stefen

I hope the aliens don't look all cheesy though. That could ruin everything.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

RegularKarate

Quote from: StefenI hope the aliens don't look all cheesy though. That could ruin everything.

Stefen

Quote from: RegularKarate
Quote from: StefenI hope the aliens don't look all cheesy though. That could ruin everything.

ruined!