War Of The Worlds

Started by MacGuffin, March 17, 2004, 01:02:10 AM

Stefen

Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

cine

Stefen

Oh, I don't care what anyone says, hes been a good actor in everything ive seen him in.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

MacGuffin

Spielberg to Film in Shenandoah Valley

Scenes for the Martian-invasion film "War of the Worlds," directed by Steven Spielberg and starring Tom Cruise, will be filmed in Virginia's Shenandoah Valley, according to an area tourism official.

Jean Clark, tourism director for the Rockbridge County area, said she does not know exactly when or where the movie will be shot in the valley. But, "I know they're shooting something," she said.

Clark expects filming in the area will wrap up before the year's end.

Movie publicist Deborah Wuliger said filming is now taking place in New Jersey, and industry publication Variety reported that Spielberg is also shooting scenes in upstate New York.

Wuliger said she did not know whether any commitments have been made for Virginia. But Clark said many production support people have been in the area preparing for filming.

When scouts came to the area in September, they looked at parts of Augusta County, Staunton and Waynesboro, said Sergei Troubetzkoy, Staunton's tourism director.

Paramount Pictures and DreamWorks are financing the movie, a modern version of the H.G. Wells novel. It is scheduled for release next summer.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Alethia

Quote from: MacGuffinand industry publication Variety reported that Spielberg is also shooting scenes in upstate New York.

my cousin just got cast as an extra...lucky bitch...

edison

Ghostboy

That image is simultaneously cool and cheesy. Cool, in that it looks like they'll be sticking to the original description of the monsters, and cheesy in that it looks like the cover of a bad sci-fi novel. Looking forward to the trailer on Dec. 17th....

MacGuffin

Spielberg Loses 'Extras' While Filming

A crew that was filming scenes for Steven Spielberg's "War of the Worlds," based on H.G. Wells' novel about an invasion from outer space, lost a few extras in the Connecticut River last weekend.

Two adult-size mannequins got free and drifted south down the river during filming on the riverbank in Windsor, said Windsor police Lt. Shannon Haynes.

Despite a search by the movie production's water safety crew, the mannequins weren't recovered, and other police departments along the riverfront were alerted.

"We just wanted them to know that if they got any calls about bodies floating in the river," Haynes said Monday. "But we never heard anything about them being found."

Spielberg and star Tom Cruise shot sequences across the state last week, including several scenes at an old chemical plant in Naugatuck.

Tom Cruise pauses in a leaf-strewn street while filming one of the final scenes of Steven Spielberg's "War of the Worlds," Nov. 30, 2004, in New York.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

©brad

1. give it a week and we'll see those mannequins on ebay.

2. how will this movie be ready by the summer of 2005  :?:  :!:

mogwai

Quote from: ©bradhow will this movie be ready by the summer of 2005  :?:  :!:
stay tuned for the delay announcement.

MacGuffin

Quote from: ©brad2. how will this movie be ready by the summer of 2005  :?:  :!:

I know he shoots fast, and he edits while he shoots (as he told on The Terminal DVD). I dunno how much CGI is involved, but that would be the only hold-up.

Skeleton FilmWorks

Alethia

i'm going down to athens on friday to look in on some of the shooting and hopefully get an autograph or two.

Ghostboy

Quote from: MacGuffin
Quote from: ©brad2. how will this movie be ready by the summer of 2005  :?:  :!:

I know he shoots fast, and he edits while he shoots (as he told on The Terminal DVD). I dunno how much CGI is involved, but that would be the only hold-up.

I also read an interview with him somewhere, from the set of WOTW, in which he said they were getting all the big FX sequences out of the way first so that ILM could begin work immediately, while they finished the rest of the film.

Ghostboy

This is a pretty nifty little teaser trailer.