Sin City

Started by metroshane, March 16, 2004, 06:57:43 PM

modage

uh oh, rodriguez green screening makes me worried.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Ghostboy

Me too, but after thinking about it, I'll bet it means he's planning on having the background be almost entirely black.

modage

well i hope that miller has a close eye on him cause i did not like the look of spy kids 2 at all.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Pubrick

Quote from: GhostboyMe too, but after thinking about it, I'll bet it means he's planning on having the background be almost entirely black.
mod's got a point. i'm sure u meant "he's planning on having the background entirely BRIGHTER THAN ANYTHING U'VE EVER SEEN". that's the rodriguez way, the dude CANNOT hav a dark spot in the frame.
under the paving stones.

Ghostboy

I doubt it -- Miller gave him the rights to the material based partially on the script and partially on how well he was able to visually approximate the look of the comic in the test footage. Not much room for brightness there.

Stefen

This movie is shaping up to be sickkkknessssss. DiCaprio, Bruce Willis, Depp, Del Toro, Michael Douglas, Steve Buscemi, Rourke, Walken and Elijah Wood. I think it would be cool if it was filmed in black and white.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

El Duderino

Quote from: StefenThis movie is shaping out to be sickkkknessssss.

only if elijah wood wipes away that shit eating grin that he always has.

Did I just get cock-blocked by Bob Saget?

grand theft sparrow

Ravi

matt35mm

that'd be great to have Elijah Wood playing a guy who just always looked like that.

"Man, you just won a million dollars!"

"Man, your car just got totalled!"

"Elijah, the U.S. Government wants you to be the first human celebrity cloning subject."

El Duderino

i've started a revolution.

Raikus

Quote from: StefenThis movie is shaping up to be sickkkknessssss. DiCaprio, Bruce Willis, Depp, Del Toro, Michael Douglas, Steve Buscemi, Rourke, Walken and Elijah Wood. I think it would be cool if it was filmed in black and white.
Yes. It will be the Dick Tracy of our time!
Yes, to dance beneath the diamond sky with one hand waving free, silhouetted by the sea, circled by the circus sands, with all memory and fate driven deep beneath the waves, let me forget about today until tomorrow.

Link

Quote from: Ravi + =
\

That is the funniest thing I've seen all day.  You're my Hero of the Day!

El Duderino

QT might co-direct for a dollar

MacGuffin

Greetings from SIN CITY
Scoopage spills from the set
Source: Cinescape

Today's edition of Lying in the Gutters, which delivers insider news and scoops for the comic industry, has published a report from an individual with knowledge of the SIN CITY movie that Robert Rodriguez is now filming. Thanks to that scoop, we've learned the following:

*The movie will be similar in structure to Rodriguez's pal Quentin Tarantino's PULP FICTION, meaning that the three stories that make up SIN CITY will weave together.

*The three Frank Miller SIN CITY comics used for the majority of the film's storyline are SIN CITY, THAT YELLOW BASTARD and THE BIG FAT KILL.

*The film's introduction, featuring Josh Hartnett, is from Miller's BOOZE, BROADS AND BULLETS story.

*Rodriguez is using actual photocopied pages from Miller's SIN CITY books to determine the shots of his film. "They line up the camera to look like the panel, and they shoot," was how the scooper described it.

*Mickey Rourke is indeed playing everyone's favorite thug from Sin City, Marv. According to the LitG scooper, Rourke is underneath makeup prosthetics that make him look like the battle-scarred Marv, including giving the character his trademark square jaw look.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks