X3 - X-Men: The Last Straw

Started by Banky, December 05, 2003, 09:28:31 AM

pete

yeah it just looks average.  I'm not saying it's cheap, but the fighting I'm sure won't be as cool as X2 and the special effects neither.  I wasn't into the first one but I saw the second one midnight of the opening day and I just remember having such a blast looking at the special effects.  I'd never seen a crowd so pumped up over CGI shots before this movie.  Sadly, I doubt x3 will do that.
"Tragedy is a close-up; comedy, a long shot."
- Buster Keaton

the trip hop beat at the beggining of the trailer, that was funny
context, context, context.

Find Your Magali

I like the guy and all, but what thought process does one go through that culminates with the decision to cast Kelsey Grammar as a creature in an action film?? Curious....

ono

MacGuffin

'X-Men 3' has another villain in Melancon
Source: Hollywood Reporter

The evil mutant assassin Psylocke has joined the lineup of "X-Men 3," the latest installment of the Marvel superhero franchise.

The character will be played by Filipina actress Mei Melancon, who previously worked with "X-Men 3" director Brett Ratner in "Rush Hour 2."

Word began leaking last week from the Vancouver set that "X-Men 3" would introduce Psylocke, who has had several incarnations in the Marvel comic book series and is best known for her fighting and telepathic skills as well as an ability to transport herself and others through shadows. In the film, she will fight against the X-Men as a member of Magneto's (Ian McKellen) Brotherhood of Mutants.

"X-Men 3" is set to bow May 26, on Memorial Day weekend, via Twentieth Century Fox.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

©brad

ratner is directing this? i didn't know that.

and i thought the trailer looked pretty decent.  :shock:

RegularKarate

Quote from: ©brad on December 30, 2005, 10:31:29 AM
ratner is directing this? i didn't know that.

and i thought the trailer looked pretty decent.  :shock:

watch it again though... you can see the awkwardness of the camera movements... unecessary dolly moves and crane shots... it's like you can almost see the equipment

MacGuffin

Non-Apple Quicktime TeaserTrailer here.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Kal

After watching the 2nd season of Nip Tuck... Jean Grey is kinda weird

MacGuffin

X3 Officially Titled
Fox makes a Stand.

The XVerse has been advised by 20th Century Fox that X-Men 3 has now been officially titled X-Men: The Last Stand. There had been rumors of that new title for awhile.

"X-Men: The Last Stand, is currently being cleared for usage. The title also appeared in a review of 2006 films by USA Today, lending further support to the notion," reports The XVerse.

In related news, The Comics Continuum reports that the novelization of X3, adapted by X-Men comics scribe Chris Claremont, will be released by Del Rey on May 16.

The novel's official plot synopsis claims that in X3, "with the help of new recruits The Beast and Angel, (the X-Men) must face evolution itself in the form of their former teammate, Jean Grey! Possessed with the cosmic power of the Dark Phoenix, the resurrected Jean Grey has become a danger to herself, her mutant comrades, and the entire planet! To stave off this imminent threat to humanity, a potential cure is discovered and processed to treat -- and ultimately eliminate -- genetic mutations, once and for all! Now, as the battle lines are drawn, the X-Men, led by Professor Charles Xavier, must contend with both Jean Grey's world-consuming powers, as well as the malevolent Brotherhood, a band of powerful mutants organized under Xavier's former ally, Magneto!"

Skeleton FilmWorks

modage

kinda fucked up that they're trying to milk this whole 'trilogy' notion to get more people into the theatre when they're totally planning on doing these films forever.  or maybe they just mean 'the last stand of all the characters you care about who got too expensive and you can have 10 more movies with lesser mutants. 
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

picolas

1 in 300 will take the time to say that title instead of "X3" like last time, though.

modage

Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

polkablues

The Wolverine one looks like a poster for Hostel.

My house, my rules, my coffee

squints

who is that at the bottom far left?
"The myth by no means finds its adequate objectification in the spoken word. The structure of the scenes and the visible imagery reveal a deeper wisdom than the poet himself is able to put into words and concepts" – Friedrich Nietzsche