Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of The Sith

Started by modage, June 24, 2003, 06:14:37 PM

TheVoiceOfNick

Quote from: RaikusThe government needs to pass a film protection act on the original three to stop Lucas from "improving" them any further.
I'd vote for that! Of course, when I become a big filmmaker and want to re-release my films 328 times, I will realize that I shot myself in the foot!

Nick

MacGuffin

COMIC-CON: Lucasfilm Previews Star Wars: Episode III!

Lucasfilm director of fan relations Steve Sansweet and a band of Star Wars merry-men descended on San Diego Comic Convention today to spread the gospel of Star Wars: Episode III.

The Star Wars portion of the presentation began with a message from producer Rick McCallum, expressing his excitement over beginning the filming of Episode III. Next, Anthony Daniels (C-3PO himself) takes us on a brief tour of the massive Fox Studio Australia sound stage and the set of Episode III, which included Padme's chamber and the deck of a Federation Cruiser. Then he took us through the creature and props departments, which included a look at a new laser rifle. In the wardrobe department, Trisha Biggar was struggling with a particular red costume that looked a bit like a Royal Guard outfit. Following that, a tour of various set construction was set to the Ewok theme.

The first big round of applause came when the camera fixed on a Chewbacca mask. The wide shot of the room revealed several Wookiee masks and body suits.

The 'flannelled one' appeared next on a set he himself described as the 'Emperor's Throne Room'. He spoke briefly about looking forward to having all the fans see the final film... which he said the title of, but was beeped out with the words "Title Censored" flashed across the screen. "Oh, I wasn't suppose to say that yet?" he questioned to someone off-screen.

When the video was over, Sansweet returned to the microphone, quick to say that he didn't know what Lucas had called the third film... "So, don't ask!" he laughed.

Sansweet reassured fans that Episode III will answer the "Why" and "How" of the saga. He added that while most of the main characters are returning, some of the characters from the classic trilogy also emerge, such as Chewie and Mon Mothma. He also promised new vehicles, weapons, creatures and planets that we've only heard or read about.

In closing, Sansweet said Episode III will 'surprise, amaze and shock.' He reinforced that it will be the darkest of the six saga films and promised that it will tie the series together in 'unexpected and surprising' ways.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Ghostboy

Quote from: MacGuffin'unexpected and surprising' ways.

Like by actually being really good?

Whatever the case may be, I know that by November of next year, when the first trailer hits, I'll he super excited. It never fails. I've got Star Wars in my blood.

RegularKarate

Quote from: Ghostboy
Whatever the case may be, I know that by November of next year, when the first trailer hits, I'll he super excited. It never fails. I've got Star Wars in my blood.

I know what you mean, GB... I can admit that the prequels suck overall, but it's like a part of me really needs to find out what happened.  

And seeing as while the second one still sucked, it was a glorious improvement over the first, so maybe the third will actually be decent.

Alethia

as disappointing as they may be, I cant say theres anything more exciting than sitting in the theater waiting for the "new star wars film" to start....you see the twentieth century fox logo....then the lucas film logo.....then in blue letters "A LONG TIME AGO IN A GALAXY FAR, FAR AWAY"......it's a rush, man.

modage

i agree with the last three posts.  its in my blood.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

picolas

Quote from: MacGuffinHe added that while most of the main characters are returning, some of the characters from the classic trilogy also emerge, such as Chewie and Mon Mothma.
yeah. gotta love Mon Moothman.

and yes, i agree. the prequels are gripping in those senses..

©brad

modage

The Latest on Star Wars: Episode III
Source: TheForce.net Thursday, July 31, 2003

Star Wars: Episode III is currently filming Down Under and TheForce.net has the latest news (including some spoilers) on the highly-anticipated final film, starting with the subtitle.

According to a scooper for the site, there's been talk that "Episode III" might carry the "Birth of an Empire" subtitle on pre-production material. No word on whether or not this will be the final subtitle, but it would make sense with the storyline for the film.

Meanwhile, TFN says that the official site chatted with Anthony Daniels about "Episode III" and he revealed some interesting bits. Daniels say that C-3PO won't be involved in any fight scenes and that he is finished shooting the part. He called the script "dramatic, believable, frightening, sad, moving, hurtful, and human."

MCN magazine also caught Ewan McGregor taking a break on the set and took the first pictures of the star as Obi-Wan in the film.

Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

MacGuffin

A scan of a photograph of Anakin from the French LucasFilm magazine. Anakin sports a new look that is both darker and more mature-looking in Episode III.

"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Banky

thats a definate improvment from the look in episode II

rustinglass

Not badass enough but better than the second.
"In Serbia a lot of people hate me because they want to westernise, not understanding that the western world is bipolar, with very good things and very bad things. Since they don't have experience of the west, they even believe that western shit is pie."
-Emir Kusturica

Find Your Magali

He almost has that "Jeff Fahey in the Lawnmower Man" look going.

(I don't think I'm saying that as a compliment.)

bonanzataz

The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls

modage

Hayden Christensen Raises the Bar for Episode III!
Source: Latino Review

I recently got a chance to interview Hayden Christensen for his upcoming film, Shattered Glass. Like any dorky fan boy, I was chomping at the bit and asked him to confirm some rumors about Episode Three. Kids, put your diapers on because the expectations have been raised. He actually used the term "Bad-Assed" to describe the final showdown between Anakin and Obi-Wan. Another reporter also asked him if he would be donning the infamous Darth Vader costume. He couldn't reveal any details, but he will be in the suit. David Prowse don't give up your day job. 2005 has never seemed farther away!

Julian: George Lucas has described the tone of Episode Three as being the darkest of the franchise yet. Is that true?

Hayden: "Yes, it really will be. It still has to reach out to a specific audience, but it will be substantially darker than the previous films."

Julian: Nick Gilliard (the stunt coordinator) has said the light saber battles in the film will be the greatest so far. That's a bold statement once you've seen Yoda and Count Dooku go at it. Can you confirm this?

Hayden: "I will say, on the record, the final fight sequence in this film will, in my opinion, and not having seen any of it cut together, should surpass any fight sequence that has been put on film so far. It's the longest, I can't give you specifics, but it is quite the bad-assed fight scene. Nick Gilliard has done an amazing job instilling an arc of story in the fight. It justifies, because you know Anakin and Obi-Wan have it out, but Anakin is the chosen one-he is supposed to be the best. But he comes out on the shorter end of the stick in the fight. It justifies it really nicely as the fight progresses."

Julian: Does Jar-Jar get hurt at all?

Hayden: (Laughs) "I wish I could share some specifics."

Julian: You are playing an iconic character in the Star Wars franchise. As the fan base goes, Star Wars fans are pretty hardcore. Do you get hounded on the streets?

Hayden: "They're full on fanatical. But the only people that make a point of embarrassing me on the street are six and seven year olds. I get such a kick out of it. They still can't differentiate between movies and reality to a certain point, so they can't see me as an actor."

Julian: Do you really embrace it, think of doing other sci-fi films, or do you try to move away from it?

Hayden: "I'm very proud of my involvement with the films. I feel privileged to be a part of something that is so prominent in popular culture right now. But they were two films I was involved in. Hopefully I'll get to do many more in many different genres. I don't really see it as something I have to fight against. It's obviously a character that people will associate me with. Its not like I was in a TV series for ten years and that's all they've seen me in. Hopefully they will be able to see me as someone else. That's the fun of what I do. I love that I get to be a part of it."

Julian: Are there a lot of Wookies in Episode Three?

Hayden: "There are some Wookies." (Laughs)

Julian: Are there some butt-kicking Wookies in Episode Three?

Hayden: (Laughs) "I can't say any more, but there are some Wookies in the movie."