The Fountain

Started by DavTMcGowan, April 28, 2003, 10:48:01 PM

Sleuth

I wonder if this will become some sort of Hollywood legend
I like to hug dogs

Pozer

Hope no one was expecting any new news when they clicked on this.
I was thinking about this movie's fiasco the other day and wondered what problems Brad Pitt REALLY had with the scipt.
I mean, he was into the project enough to grow that beard and then copped out because of the 3rd or whatever draft, yet he had no problems with a script like The Mexican. Don't get it.
You commit yourself to something like this, a director you're a fan of and then don't find some way to make it work?
There's something else behind this project's failure, I believe.

kotte

There's official press releases and there's what really happened.

Rich, talented and famous? No? You'll never know.

We'll never know.

modage

"I will be in Aronofsky's next film The Fountain which will be filming in the fall". - Ellen Burstyn from the Golden Globes
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

ono

...does this mean that it's been resurrected?

The Perineum Falcon

Quote from: themodernage02"I will be in Aronofsky's next film The Fountain which will be filming in the fall". - Ellen Burstyn from the Golden Globes
Quote from: Onomatopoeia...does this mean that it's been resurrected?
Praise Jesus.
We often went to the cinema, the screen would light up and we would tremble, but also, increasingly often, Madeleine and I were disappointed. The images had dated, they jittered, and Marilyn Monroe had gotten terribly old. We were sad, this wasn't the film we had dreamed of, this wasn't the total film that we all carried around inside us, this film that we would have wanted to make, or, more secretly, no doubt, that we would have wanted to live.

modage

Quote from: Onomatopoeia...does this mean that it's been resurrected?
either that or Ellen Burstyn's gone insane.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Sleuth

I like to hug dogs

modage

Quote from: SlorgOh, I thought there was news on the greatest movie that never was.  Thanks, bitch  Christ, twice in a row
Quote from: Slorgohhhh my God yes
it  was my duty to break the news.

ono

Third time's a charm.

NEON MERCURY

well..........finally............aronofsky........will.........bring.........this.....soon.....to....
be.......(neo)classic.........to ........life.........so......all........those.....aronofsky...
....haters.......can......kindly........shut..........up...........................

Pozer

I think she's a way better choice than Brad Pitt

Henry Hill

Does anyone know who is taking over Brad Pitts role? I am trying to picture Ellen Burstyn with that beard......

NEON MERCURY

Quote from: filmboy70Does anyone know who is taking over Brad Pitts role? I am trying to picture Ellen Burstyn with that beard......

my $$$$$$$ is on crudup....

Weak2ndAct

Quote from: NEON MERCURYmy $$$$$$$ is on crudup....
Yeah, could be.  His schedule is quite open considering he doesn't have to worry about raising his kid (because he dumped the mom when she was 8 months pregnant  :shock: ).