Yeasayer

Started by Jeremy Blackman, May 22, 2012, 01:11:21 AM

Jeremy Blackman

Yes, surprisingly, I don't think they have a thread. Definitely one of my favoritest bands.

Yeasayer has a new song out, "Henrietta." It's a simple but beautiful 2-parter. Lots of replay value. They seem to be continuing their sound from Odd Blood, which is a huge relief and very exciting.

Below is the email I received today with the link to the song...

Hello Dear FRIENDS.

It has been some time since we communicated using e-----mail...we hope you are living well.

You might be unaware, but recently we snail mailed 200 random people on our mailing list a compact disc of our new song "Henrietta."  We wanted you, the people who have supported us, the chance to hear and spread the new song first before the press got the track.  In other words, we wanted to give you "firsties."  Though it's seeped it's way through the internet, we wanted to make sure you had a link to get a high quality version of "Henrietta:" 

HENRIETTA:  http://yeasayer.net/henrietta-fans.html

Called a "soft launch" in the industry, the release of "Henrietta" initializes the beginning of Phase 3, as in full length #3.  We are about to make an announcement tomorrow morning (NYC time) through the major press receptors who will relay the information to the masses.  Please be ready for this offering and spread the information.  Your support has built this ship!

More news soon on various amazing things as we rev up the engines. 

As always, much love.

x.  Yeasayer.

www.yeasayer.net

Twits:  https://twitter.com/#!/Yeasayer

Facebk:  https://www.facebook.com/yeasayer

Jeremy Blackman

I realized that link might not be working for everyone, so here's one that will.

The song's really growing on me.

diggler

I loved Odd Blood, very excited to hear new stuff from them. Just heard they are coming to Buffalo August 1st, which is awesome for several reasons.  One: it's a Yeasayer show, Two: shows like that used to not come here. 

Love the outro.
I'm not racist, I'm just slutty

Jeremy Blackman

Oh my...

Dear friends. 

​Here is an urgent transmission.  Throughout the day we'll launch new visual videos of every song off our new album FRAGRANT WORLD on different websites in various countries.   More details and tips below and to come via Twitter (@yeasayer).  #fragrantworld

This is for you guys.  Thx for being through this with us.

xoxo

YEASAYER.

Pubrick

Uh yeah I think I'll just wait til they're all on youtube.

These guys take themselves too seriously sometimes.
under the paving stones.

Jeremy Blackman

Jeremy Blackman

Eh I should stop listening. Some of those are super low quality versions.

Jeremy Blackman

So, it's out today.

This is the problem with releasing your 2 best songs well ahead of the album. The album is disappointing. Admittedly I'm measuring it against Odd Blood, and it's unfair to measure most things against Odd Blood. But so far I feel like there are 2-3 stinkers and a moderate helping of meh. We'll see if any of them are growers, I guess.

My favorites right now:

1. Henrietta
2. Longevity
3. Folk Hero Schtick
4. Glass of the Microscope
5. Devil and the Deed

diggler

I really enjoyed the new songs at the show, but on the album they're just kind of... stagnant.

Reagan's Skeleton brought the house down, on the album it sounds like a mid tempo jock jam.
I'm not racist, I'm just slutty