25th Hour dvd

Started by moonshiner, May 20, 2003, 11:57:36 AM

moonshiner

My copy didn't have a sleeve in it, is that how it comes or did I get ripped?
the rumble of the train trails off to infinity, a place where no one goes anymore

JC, no not that one

MacGuffin

I didn't get an insert either.  :yabbse-angry:  Fuckin' Disney.

"Far From Heaven" didn't include one too, and "Catch Me If You Can" came with one, but it didn't have the chapter listing on it, just a Dreamworks ad.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

©brad

mine too, had no slip. and again, it was $25! its okay, can't wait to watch it. whoever listens to the lee commentary first please let us all know how it is. i wont have time to listen to it until next weekend.

Redlum

Yeah mine had no slip either. Just gotta say what an amazing score this film has.
\"I wanted to make a film for kids, something that would present them with a kind of elementary morality. Because nowadays nobody bothers to tell those kids, \'Hey, this is right and this is wrong\'.\"
  -  George Lucas

moonshiner

yeah, i work at Walmart, brought it back, made them open another one only to find out that IT didn't have one either.  Irritating, at worst...i still haven't even seen it....this will only be the 2nd Spike Lee joint I've watched, but i don't expect to be disappointed.

Thanks for the info.
the rumble of the train trails off to infinity, a place where no one goes anymore

JC, no not that one

Pozer

see that, you gotta love comin' here for shit like this. thought I got ripped off too.
thanks doods

MacGuffin

The deleted scene - Sway (great scene, by the way, but really all the deleted scenes deserved to be cut) - is Spike's use the Snorri cam.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

modage

no slip either.  mine was 15.99 at circuit city.  
(adaptation was 16.99 at best buy too)
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

jasper_window

No slip.  Great transfer, the sound is excellent.

MacGuffin

Quote from: cbrad4dwhoever listens to the lee commentary first please let us all know how it is.

Typical Spike commentary. Great anedotes spread throughout, but also full of long pauses of silences and just relaying exactly what you are watching on screen.

Haven't listened to the screenwriter track, but will get to that soon.

Nice featurette of Spike's career retrospective with Scorsese's input.

Skeleton FilmWorks

Ernie

my sister's immediate reaction to the cover: "why the hell is he on there twice?"

Lol, it is a fucking horrible cover. Great dvd though...awesome movie too. Love the "evolution of an american filmmaker" - or whatever - thing.

dufresne

i really wanted to pick up 25th Hour, but i already spent too much money buying Miller's Crossing, Barton Fink, Rushmore - Criterion, and Metropolis (1927).

maybe i'll go back tomorrow, even though i'm nearly broke...
There are shadows in life, baby.

©brad

pick it up dude. its worth it.

i've watched it twice already since i got the dvd and i must say that eddie norton's performance  is great stuff. watch his subtle facial expressions, the fluctuations in tone in his voice, the... well I can't articulate it well but the little touches he adds is amazing. it really is one of his best performances. brian pepper is great too.

MacGuffin

Quote from: cbrad4dbrian barry pepper is great too.

Skeleton FilmWorks

joeybdot

I Heard 25th Hour  was good. I missed it when it was in theaters. I got the Dvd now and it friggin rules Great Movie! 2 Disc set is great