Author Topic: Phantom Thread  (Read 44905 times)

B

• The Call to Adventure
  • Respect: 0
Re: Phantom Thread
« Reply #105 on: June 28, 2017, 08:11:01 PM »
What's interesting is that DDL was also a co-producer on this project along with Annapurna and PTA, and from what I heard had a heavy hand in the story.

Did you hear any details on the story (or other details on DDL's involvement in the story)?

Also I see recent rumors that DDL is becoming a dressmaker after leaving acting? I don't know how much faith to place in this but here's one source: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/films/0/daniel-day-lewis-reportedly-retiring-acting-become-dressmaker/

According to one anonymous source he was planning to retire from acting for years and just looking for the right project to leave with a "bang". So if true, looks like he really is looking to go all out!

Lottery

• The Return Threshold
  • You're Dead!
  • Respect: +451
« Reply #106 on: June 28, 2017, 08:17:39 PM »
That's cool as (and exclusive because I can't find that info elsewhere). Reminds me of how PSH was there on the early days of The Master screenplay and he was the one who told PTA that the movie was more Quell's story and less Dodd's.

Just Withnail

• The Master of Two Worlds
  • Respect: +458
    • Truls Krane Meby's website
« Reply #107 on: June 29, 2017, 03:55:17 AM »
+2
Also I see recent rumors that DDL is becoming a dressmaker after leaving acting? I don't know how much faith to place in this but here's one source: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/films/0/daniel-day-lewis-reportedly-retiring-acting-become-dressmaker/

Woa. He's stuck. He's stuck inside the character and can't get out. It had to happen someday.
My short WORLD WIDE WOVEN BODIES is now online:

Watch it here!

Just Withnail

• The Master of Two Worlds
  • Respect: +458
    • Truls Krane Meby's website
« Reply #108 on: June 29, 2017, 04:59:40 PM »
+7
Why Paul Thomas Anderson Didn’t Hire a Cinematographer For His New Movie

Quote from: IndieWire
What will be Daniel Day-Lewis’ last movie was known as “Phantom Thread” during production, but that will not be the title when the film hits theaters Christmas Day, IndieWire has learned.

WELL THANK THE LORD

my money is on "Re: Untitled 1950s Fashion World Drama starring Daniel Day-Lewis"
My short WORLD WIDE WOVEN BODIES is now online:

Watch it here!

BigSock

• The Road of Trials
  • Respect: +25
« Reply #109 on: July 02, 2017, 04:46:36 PM »
+1
I remember crew members had "The Cause" shirts during The Master production, so Phantom Thread is probably a similar placeholder

greenberryhill

• The Call to Adventure
  • Respect: +76
« Reply #110 on: July 03, 2017, 10:24:02 AM »
+7
And for "The Master", they had a film slate with the name "Untitled Western" on it.

velociraptor

• The Road of Trials
  • Respect: +56
« Reply #111 on: July 06, 2017, 02:55:10 PM »
+4
Pointless thought: this image of Charles James feels like it could serve as potential poster inspiration. I'm likely just saying that because it reminds me a bit of The Master

budwillies

• The Call to Adventure
  • Respect: +4
« Reply #112 on: July 12, 2017, 01:03:28 PM »
I've noticed some stills from movies due out in 2018 have been released this week.  Maybe some stills are due out soon?

greenberryhill

• The Call to Adventure
  • Respect: +76
« Reply #113 on: July 13, 2017, 11:41:39 AM »
I´ve been investigating (like Doc Sportello) and found some interesting information about the release dates of Paul´s trailers for his last 3 films:

(This info is about the official trailers, i´m not counting the teaser trailers release dates for There Will Be Blood or The Master)

There Will Be Blood (2007)   
Release Day: December 26
Trailer Release: September 7
3 months and 19 days before release day.

The Master (2012):
Release Day: September 14
Trailer Release: July 19
1 month and 26 days before release day.

Inherent Vice(2014):
Release Day: December 12
Trailer Release: September 29
2 months and 13 days before release day.

So with these patterns i assume we can get a trailer for "Phantom Thread" 2 or 3 months before the release day, maybe late september/early october.

budwillies

• The Call to Adventure
« Reply #114 on: July 13, 2017, 12:40:25 PM »
+1
Interesting....The Churchill biopic trailer was just released and that's a Focus/Universal picture.  That isn't due out to January.

BigSock

• The Road of Trials
  • Respect: +25
« Reply #115 on: July 13, 2017, 10:49:34 PM »
Darkest Hour releases in the states during Thanksgiving, and the trailer will probably be attached to Dunkirk in theaters

axxonn

• The Call to Adventure
  • Respect: +6
« Reply #116 on: July 18, 2017, 07:03:17 PM »
+2
So excited to see Lesley Manville act under PTA's direction and script! Incredible actress.

Looking at the cast list there's a bit of a Mike Leigh connection going on; I assume PTA is a fan? Has he ever been quoted on Leigh? Or vice versa?

wilder

• Respect: +1649
« Reply #117 on: July 18, 2017, 07:08:35 PM »
That certainly seems to be the case. He's mentioned Secrets & Lies and Naked before but I don't remember where.

axxonn

• The Call to Adventure
  • Respect: +6
« Reply #118 on: July 19, 2017, 07:42:10 PM »
That certainly seems to be the case. He's mentioned Secrets & Lies and Naked before but I don't remember where.

http://www.indiewire.com/1997/10/an-interview-with-paul-thomas-anderson-director-of-boogie-nights-83371/

Ah, here. Thanks. I assume he'll get asked about it potentially when he does the press stuff nearer the time of Phantom Thread's release.

budwillies

• The Call to Adventure
« Reply #119 on: August 01, 2017, 11:41:19 AM »
Pretty slow news month, eh

DMCA & Copyright | Terms & Conditions | Privacy Policy