rustin's pictures

Started by rustinglass, September 14, 2006, 05:07:36 PM

rustinglass

I have a very cheap digital camera (the only one i could afford), it's a BenQ 5 megapix, no zoom or anything like that.. but it is very light and small.
i was never going to save enough to get a good one anyway, so I decided to settle for what I could.

Anyway, I was in Barcelona this summer, took well over 400 pictures, these are some of the ones that I really like:

opinions and suggestions are very welcome!
"In Serbia a lot of people hate me because they want to westernise, not understanding that the western world is bipolar, with very good things and very bad things. Since they don't have experience of the west, they even believe that western shit is pie."
-Emir Kusturica

no photos of casa vicens??? pffft :yabbse-angry:
context, context, context.

polkablues

My house, my rules, my coffee

Chest Rockwell

Quote from: rustinglass on September 14, 2006, 05:07:36 PM

These two are, in my opinion, really nice.

I don't like the one with the girl by the fountain, or the food. They're not as visually interesting as the others, especially the first. That one is the clear winner.

rustinglass

Thanks polka and Chest. I like that one a lot too.

Crono, I didn't go to the Vicens, I was only there for a week, and that house was out of the way for me. I'll go there on my second visit to Barcelona, I love that city so much I'll go back, perhaps even live there. It was one of the most stimulating weeks of my life as far as, among many other things, sensibility to architecture goes.
But here is some more Gaudí for you to feast your eyes!

casa Batló (on the right)

casa Milà

Milà's sculpture park rooftop (you might remember Jack Nicholson and Maria Schneider having a conversation here in Antonioni's "The Passenger")

temple ceiling at Parc Guëll

house at Parc Guëll
"In Serbia a lot of people hate me because they want to westernise, not understanding that the western world is bipolar, with very good things and very bad things. Since they don't have experience of the west, they even believe that western shit is pie."
-Emir Kusturica

pete

I liked the first and last ones from your first set.
"Tragedy is a close-up; comedy, a long shot."
- Buster Keaton

rustinglass

-Emir Kusturica

rustinglass

-Emir Kusturica

pete

good job.  the last three are really good.  you can try playing with the contrast in photoshop, process it a little bit, with proper contrast these images can be amazing.
"Tragedy is a close-up; comedy, a long shot."
- Buster Keaton

rustinglass

Thx, I have to get photoshop, I don't have any image software. Only paint.

Also: I have lately become interested in lomography. I'm going to buy a Holga camera soon.
-Emir Kusturica

rustinglass

So these are from my first roll using my brand new Holga camera. I like them but not too much. The color flashes are fun. Developing is not cheap, though.

-Emir Kusturica

rustinglass

From my trip to Denmark and Sweden:

-Emir Kusturica

last days of gerry the elephant

Wow some of these are really great. The guy on the bike & last shot are just perfect.

rustinglass

thanks, the last one was tricky to take because they don't like for people to take pictures in Christiania and I had to make sure that there was no one around but us.

These are some x-processed Holga pictures, also from the trip.

-Emir Kusturica

rustinglass

Second trip to Barcelona:

-Emir Kusturica