[proposal: xixax collective story.]

Started by cron, April 25, 2004, 01:27:58 PM

SoNowThen

Quote from: MacGuffin*looks at Dillinger; looks at thread, and tries to determine which one is deader*

:lol:
Those who say that the totalitarian state of the Soviet Union was not "real" Marxism also cannot admit that one simple feature of Marxism makes totalitarianism necessary:  the rejection of civil society. Since civil society is the sphere of private activity, its abolition and replacement by political society means that nothing private remains. That is already the essence of totalitarianism; and the moralistic practice of the trendy Left, which regards everything as political and sometimes reveals its hostility to free speech, does nothing to contradict this implication.

When those who hated capital and consumption (and Jews) in the 20th century murdered some hundred million people, and the poster children for the struggle against international capitalism and America are now fanatical Islamic terrorists, this puts recent enthusiasts in an awkward position. Most of them are too dense and shameless to appreciate it, and far too many are taken in by the moralistic and paternalistic rhetoric of the Left.

Jeremy Blackman

The thread is just waiting for a new post...

picolas

i suggest a new story begins after every 15th reply.

MacGuffin

"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Pubrick

ok every new addition has to kill the character in bizarre ways.

and we do that until we lose interest.
under the paving stones.

Thrindle

First and foremost:

Quote from: NEON MERCURYhe ran like a coked-out prefontaine
This imagery made me laugh.  I had the best mental picture.   :-D

Seriously though,  the group story idea was awesome...  and I really don't think we should give up just yet.  Anyone feel like round 2???  

Now that we understand a few of the flaws we can build on it...  so whaddaya say?
Classic.

Quote from: ThrindleFirst and foremost:

Quote from: NEON MERCURYhe ran like a coked-out prefontaine
This imagery made me laugh.  I had the best mental picture.   :-D

Seriously though,  the group story idea was awesome...  and I really don't think we should give up just yet.  Anyone feel like round 2???  

Now that we understand a few of the flaws we can build on it...  so whaddaya say?

I'd love to , but I won't be able today.
context, context, context.

MacGuffin

Quote from: ThrindleSeriously though,  the group story idea was awesome...  and I really don't think we should give up just yet.  Anyone feel like round 2???  

I've been wanting to start a new story.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Jeremy Blackman

Let's do a round 2, then, if that's what people want.

Though I'm still completely dumbfounded by the lack of interest in the current story. It has so much potential.

Thrindle

Quote from: MacGuffinI've been wanting to start a new story.

I nominate Mac as the new story starter.  

(no offense to Crono... But it will give it a different flavour)
Classic.

Quote from: Thrindle
Quote from: MacGuffinI've been wanting to start a new story.

I nominate Mac as the new story starter.  

(no offense to Crono... But it will give it a different flavour)

haha, yeah, i'm anxious to see that ,too.
context, context, context.

MacGuffin

Quote from: ThrindleI nominate Mac as the new story starter.

If that's the concensus, then I'll have something up by tonight (since I'm finally going to see Kill Bill 2 today).

Skeleton FilmWorks

Jeremy Blackman

molly

Quote from: MacGuffin
Quote from: ThrindleI nominate Mac as the new story starter.

If that's the concensus, then I'll have something up by tonight (since I'm finally going to see Kill Bill 2 today).

it is 8)