ever notice how bad action films are filled with philosophical lines?

Started by Gold Trumpet, April 13, 2007, 11:48:57 PM

grand theft sparrow

Quote from: cronopio on June 18, 2007, 03:38:46 PM
from miami vice
Det. James 'Sonny' Crockett: Things go wrong. The odds catch up. Probability is like gravity: you cannot negotiate with gravity.

I swear, on the way home I was thinking about this exact line and I was going to post it.  What makes that line even worse is that it looks like he's reading cue cards as he delivers it.

Pubrick

the bad guy:  who do you think god really favors in the web? the spider or the fly?

the web.
under the paving stones.

last days of gerry the elephant

Quote from: cronopio on June 18, 2007, 03:38:46 PMfrom blade 2
the bad guy:  who do you think god really favors in the web? the spider or the fly?

Reminds me of,

Man on Fire
Creasy: Forgiveness is between them and God. It's my job to arrange the meeting.

Although I wouldn't qualify it as a 'bad' action movie, the line is lame enough to make the list.

Sunrise

Quote from: sparrowhoff on June 18, 2007, 04:18:51 PM
from miami vice
Det. James 'Sonny' Crockett: Things go wrong. The odds catch up. Probability is like gravity: you cannot negotiate with gravity.

I swear, on the way home I was thinking about this exact line and I was going to post it.  What makes that line even worse is that it looks like he's reading cue cards as he delivers it.

While that line is ridiculous, it really doesn't belong in this thread as we are only talking about bad action films...correct?

Pubrick

Quote from: Sunrise on June 19, 2007, 12:35:16 PM
we are only talking about bad action films...correct?

yeah but GT keeps quoting the crow so..
under the paving stones.

Gold Trumpet

Miami Vice is bad. And while I do think The Crow and Man on Fire are good, they are still action films. None of them are perfect. I say their ability to have bad lines is due to bad genes.

The Sheriff

id fuck ayn rand

Mel

I could just paste a script of The Counselor, since it goes from digressions to dogmatics all the time, no dialogue to be found, maybe beside:

LAURA        Okay. I want you to finger fuck me.
Simple mind - simple pleasures...