Started by edison, September 21, 2003, 11:20:03 PM

samsong

cinemanarchist

My assholeness knows no bounds.

pete

"Tragedy is a close-up; comedy, a long shot."
- Buster Keaton

Chest Rockwell

Sold some old shitty books over the weekend and picked this up.

Ravi

I read two or three books at a time so it takes me forever to get through any one book.

(White Mughals by William Dalrymple)

Next:

grand theft sparrow

Chest Rockwell

Had to happen eventually, I suppose.

The Perineum Falcon

Yeah, but that's not a bad thing. It's a good read, informative and easy to follow.

It helps if your write down every artist she makes reference to that you haven't heard of. It's a good way of opening yourself up to more and other artists.
We often went to the cinema, the screen would light up and we would tremble, but also, increasingly often, Madeleine and I were disappointed. The images had dated, they jittered, and Marilyn Monroe had gotten terribly old. We were sad, this wasn't the film we had dreamed of, this wasn't the total film that we all carried around inside us, this film that we would have wanted to make, or, more secretly, no doubt, that we would have wanted to live.

context, context, context.

Sleepless

He held on. The dolphin and all the rest of its pod turned and swam out to sea, and still he held on. This is it, he thought. Then he remembered that they were air-breathers too. It was going to be all right.

Ravi

Excellent book on teaching yourself After Effects.  I'm going to do a chapter a day.

squints

I'm imagining it with a big-budget, no dialogue, and brad pitt.

-got it on amazon for $0.02
"The myth by no means finds its adequate objectification in the spoken word. The structure of the scenes and the visible imagery reveal a deeper wisdom than the poet himself is able to put into words and concepts" – Friedrich Nietzsche

cinemanarchist

My assholeness knows no bounds.

MacGuffin

"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks