The Incredible Hulk

Started by ©brad, January 27, 2003, 12:09:10 PM

MacGuffin

Lastest trailer, shows more scenes. Click here.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

dufresne

Lou Ferrigno must spinning over in his grave.
There are shadows in life, baby.

MacGuffin

Quote from: dufresneLou Ferrigno must spinning over in his grave.

Actually, he has a small cameo role as the Head of Security in the film.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Ghostboy

While I like that international trailer a whole lot, the new one that is attached to X-Men is more iffy. Once again, they try to play up the hero element. And maybe they're just outta context, but some of the fx do look pretty bad. Oh well. I still have faith.

Pwaybloe

Quote from: GhostboyWhile I like that international trailer a whole lot, the new one that is attached to X-Men is more iffy. Once again, they try to play up the hero element. And maybe they're just outta context, but some of the fx do look pretty bad. Oh well. I still have faith.

The only hero element they added was the narrator's line of, "...and release the hero within" crap in the trailer.  

I can't really see the FX looking that bad, especially comparing the super-hero movies of recent (X-Men 1 & 2, Daredevil, Spiderman).  Those movies look no better than "The Hulk."

Have no doubts guys that this movie is going to be good.  I have a lot of faith in Lee and Schamus, and their track record should be proof.  This movie actually looks like it has a decent story.  Ang Lee keeps on naming the film a Greek Tragedy rather than a super-hero movie.

oakmanc234

My fave bit of the new trailer is the *Hulk hits the ground, causes a wave of cars to spill* etc. With the trailers, the Hulk FX go from looking great to bad to great to bad, sometimes it looks superb, sometimes it looks like an action figure.......
'Welcome the Thunderdome, bitch'

Cecil

boooo cgi. could it be possible that these are "rougher" versions of the cgi graphics, and will look better in the final film?

Duck Sauce

I wish that they would have held back the Hulk till CGI is more advanced. I think Hulk is a fantastic character and had a lot of potential, but not if he looks like a fucking Playstation game. Maybe it will improve with the almost sure sequels

polkablues

They could have used cel animation a la "Who Framed Roger Rabbit" and it would have created a more convincing look than that laughably ridiculous CGI.  I don't doubt it'll be a decent movie, and I'll see it, if for nothing else, Jennifer Connelly, but I just can't get past how hilarious those effects look.  Slimer in "Ghostbusters" was a better effect than that!
My house, my rules, my coffee

Sal

Im not seeing the "laughably ridiculous" CGI everyone else is.  How more realistic are you expecting the Hulk to look?  It has a very stylistic quality to it that seems very apparent to me.  

And the trailer is very misleading.  Executives are actually worried about it being too "arty" for people.  Which makes me happy.   :-D

Banky

After seeing how great CGI can be with characters like Gollum, watching the hulk trailer is like watching THe Rock at the end of the mummy two.  BAD BAD BAD.  Guys while you have faith in the director and cast and story and blah blah blah, Just admit that most of the shots of the hulk look like ass.  They would have been better off creating the whole enviroment in CGI and had a final fantasy type Hulk movie.

bonanzataz

why didn't they just use make-up, like in the series?
The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls

Sal

Quote from: BankyEdwardsAfter seeing how great CGI can be with characters like Gollum, watching the hulk trailer is like watching THe Rock at the end of the mummy two.  BAD BAD BAD.  Guys while you have faith in the director and cast and story and blah blah blah, Just admit that most of the shots of the hulk look like ass.  They would have been better off creating the whole enviroment in CGI and had a final fantasy type Hulk movie.

There were hardly any closeups of Hulk, and it was the closeup shots of Gollum that redeemed his CGI-ness.  All you've seen are long shots of him running and jumping.

Ghostboy

Quote from: Sal

There were hardly any closeups of Hulk, and it was the closeup shots of Gollum that redeemed his CGI-ness.  All you've seen are long shots of him running and jumping.

Yeah, that's where my hope now lies. This looks pretty nice:

And all the talk about it being too artsy is what really gets me excited. Again, I'm hoping the CGI will all work in context.

Duck Sauce

I think CGI is better than a live actor, especially since people expect it now. I just think that hulk is such a difficult character to make real and that they should have waited till CGI is more advanced. I saw previews for it today, and Im going to go see it, let loose and just say fuck it if it doesnt look real.