Loopdreams...Check it out.

Started by cinemanarchist, June 15, 2003, 11:22:56 PM

cinemanarchist

http://www.loopdreams.com

I caught this film at the Key West Film Festival and it's hilarious. Anyone at all interested in filmmaking should check it out. I don't know if they are planning in releasing it on DVD anytime soon, but I just emailed them and will let you know when I find something out. Check out the trailer and tell me that doesn't entertain and stress you out at the same time.

"Have you read any Robert McKee?"
      My screenwriting teacher in response to my script.

"Have you seen Adaptation?"
       My response to him.
My assholeness knows no bounds.

bonanzataz

The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls

cinemanarchist

Yeah, he is.  The book "Story" that they (both Kaufmans) are reading is pretty much a screenwriting bible of sorts. Brian Cox plays Mckee in the film, but Mckee is a real guy and gave his permission to have his name and book used.

http://www.mckeestory.com/homepage.htm

Pedro

Bitch at me all you want but I thought McKee's book offered some actual good advice....I don't know...I won't follow all of his guidelines but it didn't hurt me to read his book either.

cinemanarchist

I agree he has some good stuff to say. I disagree with people who try and teach what he says because they almost always focus entirely on structure and nothing else.