INLAND EMPIRE

Started by MacGuffin, May 11, 2005, 04:50:02 PM

MacGuffin

INLAND EMPIRE News from Poland

According to Marek Żydowicz,  President of Camerimage, “INLAND EMPIRE” will be shooting in Lodz Poland during the month of December. Filming is expected to last 7 to 9 days. The film will be co-produced by Tumult Foundation, the founder of Camerimage. “INLAND EMPIRE” is based on a short story which David directed during Camerimage with Krzysztof Majchrzak and Karolina Gruszka called “The Green Room in Lodz”.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Garam

Apparantly ze Mars Volta are on board to do the soundtrack.

I Don't Believe in Beatles

Quote from: GaramApparantly ze Mars Volta are on board to do the soundtrack.

Where'd you hear that?  Interesting if it's true.
"A film is - or should be - more like music than like fiction. It should be a progression of moods and feelings. The theme, what's behind the emotion, the meaning, all that comes later." --Stanley Kubrick

Gamblour.

My god, that'd be an indie, scene kid's wet dream.
WWPTAD?

Sigur Rós

Quote from: GamblourMy god, that'd be an indie, scene kid's wet dream.

Gamblour.

haha how crude, make them look scene, play some indie music, and i think you've captured it.
WWPTAD?

I Don't Believe in Beatles

Some pictures are up here (first post, it's misdated as 2005):

http://www.lynchnet.com/
"A film is - or should be - more like music than like fiction. It should be a progression of moods and feelings. The theme, what's behind the emotion, the meaning, all that comes later." --Stanley Kubrick

NEON MERCURY

:bravo:thank you ginger!!!!! :bravo:

lynch is just fucking cool!!!

great pics...whats up w/the horse and the upside down lady?

everytime i get more info about this my eyes start watering and i get chills........oh, please come out in 2006

hedwig

bonanzataz

FILM?!

and is the other camera a panasonic dvx-100a? looks it... very interesting.
The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls

MacGuffin

More Inland Empire News

Cineuropa.org has an update on the latest with Inland Empire. According to the article, Lynch is back in Poland for filming, and the film is still scheduled to premiere at Cannes. Here's the full text:

Shooting – Pologne
Lynch at Lódz
David Lynch arrived in Poland to complete filming on Inland Empire, his new film whose screenplay is still shrouded in secret. The title does not give much away – referring to the four neighbourhoods of Los Angeles close to the Californian desert. "It’s the story of a woman in deep trouble. The story also has a hidden mystery, that’s all I will say on the subject," declared David Lynch with regard to his film.

The first visit by Lynch to Poland was in 2000 when the director was invited to the Camerimage festival at Lódz. His fascination since then for this town, headquarters of the famous film school, brought him back two years later. That’s when the project began – in a little bedroom painted green, the first images were taken.

Many Polish actors are in the cast, notably Karolina Gruszka, Krzysztof Majchrzak, Leon Niemczyk, Piotr Andrzejewski. But the main roles are taken by Laura Dern, Justin Theroux, Jeremy Irons, Harry Dean Santon.
This time the crew is filming in the Lódz hotels and in Manufaktura, former factories transformed into a modern commercial-cultural complex.

Production on Inland Empire was not officially announced until the last Cannes festival, by Studio Canal – one of the co-producers of the film. The Polish end of the production is being handled by Marek Zydowicz, director of the Camerimage festival, in coopération with Fundacja Tumult.

The film’s première is scheduled for the next Cannes festival. In Poland, the film will probably come out in the autumn, and Kino Swiat will be the distributor.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Sal

This is (presumably) a scene from INLAND EMPIRE.

http://www.poetv.com/video.php?vid=1981

Personally I think it's awful, and am doubtful that it's Lynch.  But if it is, I'm not too thrilled.

Ghostboy

It's from this. I, too, hope (and believe) that it's not from INLAND EMPIRE.

MacGuffin

Venice Gets Lynched
Although he hasn't formally accepted the invitations, the Venice Fest has announced David Lynch will be honored with a Golden Lion for Lifetime Achievement.
By Dennis Michael, FilmStew.com

Well, if you missed Cannes this year, there's always Venice, and it's beginning to look like quite a film festival.

Daily Variety reports David Lynch will probably be a major presence this year, especially if he decides to attend. His mystery Inland Empire will screen out of competition there, but he's also been named the winner of a Golden Lion for Lifetime Achievement. He hasn't yet formally accepted the invitation.

Kenneth Branagh will bring his new film version of Mozart's The Magic Flute.

The official list of films will be announced at the end of July, but the probables make quite a tantalizing list: Woody Allen's new comedy Scoop is considered likely to show at Venice, as is Brian De Palma's long-awaited adaptation of the James Ellroy novel The Black Dahlia. Irwin Winkler's Iraq-themed drama Home of the Brave is expected, as well as Oliver Stone's most likely controversial World Trade Center, and Alfonso Cuaron's science fiction film Children of Men.

The Venice film festival begins on August 30, and runs through September 9.

Skeleton FilmWorks

Sunrise

That's GREAT news!! Let's hope a US release of Inland Empire follows shortly after Venice.