Mr. Brown, worth money...

Started by j_scott_stroup04, January 03, 2004, 01:27:34 PM

analogzombie

Quote from: KeenerI have Mr. Blonde.

Does anyone else think the actual DVD cover (the actual slip) looks really awful?

yes, i think the design looks tacky and the photos in the booklet ar grainy. It's a neat add-on to re-sell the same movie but if people are going crazy for the covers, well... you need to get another hobby.
"I have love to give, I just don't know where to put it."

Keener

Yeah, the booklet is pretty cheap looking.
Alabama Film Forum
Uniting film lovers and filmmakers of Alabama

penfold0101

I had to order mine online (we had no Reservoir Dogs R2 special edition) cheapest I could find at the time was £17.99, after some careful thought I decided to go for the Mr. Orange edition, when it arrived to my horror was The crappie old Mr. Brown edition, I thought "the bastards have striped me up here shipping out the Mr. Brown copies no one wants!" but when I saw they had only charged me £7.99 on the receipt. I decided that it wasn't that important what colour the box was. And now you tell me it's worth money!! I'm laughing!
"There was a fantastic universal sense that whatever we were doing was right, that we were winning. And that, I think, was the handle - that sense of inevitable victory over the forces of Old and Evil. Not in any mean or military sense; we didn't need that. Our energy would simply prevail. There was no point in fighting - on our side or theirs. We had all the momentum; we were riding the crest of a high and beautiful wave.
So now, less than five years later, you can go up on a steep hill in Las Vegas and look West, and with the right kind of eyes you can almost see the high - water mark - that place where the wave finally broke and rolled back." - Hunter S. Thompson.

tpfkabi

i wanted to buy RD on DVD, so i looked at pricegrabber.com and i saw that the Quentin ones were about 10 bucks more.
i went to BEst Buy today and they had a bunch of the single disc ones with all the guys on front, then one of the 2 discs with Quentin on the front.
so, the one i got is supposedly limited? on the back of the DVD's it looked like they had the same features........i'm wondering why one is 2 discs?
are these seriously potentially worth something? should i not open it?
I am Torgo. I take care of the place while the Master is away.

nix

I honestly don't think so. I still see Mr. Brown everywhere.
"Sex relieves stress, love causes it."
-Woddy Allen

tpfkabi

yeah, you're probably right.
i went ahead and opened it.
the one thing that is different is QT's little gold embossed autograph in the bottom right hand corner.
i didn't realize that the cases were exactly the same, it's just a little slip cover like the original PDL.
i believe i saw the RD SE(minus the slip over cover) in the Best Buy circular for 7.99!! this week.
I am Torgo. I take care of the place while the Master is away.

MacGuffin

Reservoir Dogs 15th anniversary DVD 

Marking the upcoming 15th anniversary of Quentin Tarantino's breakthrough cult classic Reservoir Dogs, Artisan was quick enough to delve into some marketing and come up with a brand new edition of the film on DVD. Below you'll find some simple package art and a list of features, thanks to joblo.com and davisdvd.com, although we'd like to note out of fairness that the upgrade might now be for anyone, especially if you already own the 10th anniversary 2-DVD set available everywhere on the planet. This new edition comes with a gasonline can packaging (and limited edition matchbox packaging), some new features, DTS audio and some other gimmicks. It will also be able as a package with the upcoming, very controversial Reservoir Dogs videogame (xbox, ps2 and PC).

So here's some candy:

Select scene audio commentary
Deleted scenes
Featurettes:
Pulp Factoids Viewer - Insider info about the film and sources of inspiration
Playing it Fast and Loose - Documentary studying the impact and ripple effect of the film
Profiling the Reservoir Dogs - Perspective of the criminal minds of the film's characters
Tipping Guide - Proper tipping etiquette Reservoir Dogs style (I swear to God)
K Billy's Sounds of the 70s
Vintage interviews with Quentin Tarantino and others
Remastered Anamorphic Widescreen transfer
Dolby Digital 5.1 RC, DTS-ES 6.1 tracks

"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

nix

This is so silly.

I'll probably buy it.
"Sex relieves stress, love causes it."
-Woddy Allen

last days of gerry the elephant

What's the deal with all the metal tin packaging recently...
At least the old boy one is more conservative, reminds me of the ong-bak dvd.