Need an Altman fix.

Started by altmanish, October 08, 2003, 04:24:00 PM

ono

There definitely isn't an Altman movie I love, but I do appreciate what he's done for movies.  After all, if it weren't for him, there may not have been a Magnolia.  Or, there might still have been, but PTA would've been given even more credit for the style of film he's made.

Nashville was horrid, Gosford Park was just boring, but The Player was really witty.  Short Cuts was an interesting exercise, a film I've wanted to have on DVD for the longest time as well, with all the extras that could come with it:  Altman commentary, Luck, Trust, and Ketchup documentary, etc.

Oh yes, and I can't wait for The Company and Ultraviolet.  But that goes without saying.

Alexandro

Quote from: soixanteI must be the only person who enjoyed Dr. T and the Women.  .

i loved that movie....laughed a lot with it

Ernie

Quote from: OnomatopoeiaThere definitely isn't an Altman movie I love, but I do appreciate what he's done for movies.  After all, if it weren't for him, there may not have been a Magnolia.  Or, there might still have been, but PTA would've been given even more credit for the style of film he's made.

Nashville was horrid, Gosford Park was just boring, but The Player was really witty.  Short Cuts was an interesting exercise, a film I've wanted to have on DVD for the longest time as well, with all the extras that could come with it:  Altman commentary, Luck, Trust, and Ketchup documentary, etc.

I think I can see why "The Critic" is your favorite show. Don't take offense to that...it's just you just don't ever really seem to love a movie. Lately I was thinking you'd probably make a good critic. Have you ever thought about doing that? Seriously, you have that lack of passion that a lot of them have, your hard to please...and it seems that you'll see any film, no matter how bad it might be. Even if you hate the director or actor, you seem to give everything the same chance, disregarding hype and all that. I respect that although I'm very different. That's good.

ono

"Lack of passion."  Hehe, that's one phrase I never thought I'd hear myself described with.  If you knew me and real life and you got me to talk about movies, you'd never hear me shut up about it.  And don't even get me started on anything by P.T.A. or any other film that's emotionally compelling in any way (Amelie, Contact, Waking Life, American Beauty, Fight Club, Pulp Fiction, Punch-Drunk Love, Annie Hall, A Clockwork Orange, Eyes Wide Shut, Donnie Darko, or more recently Lost in Translation ... I could go on, but yeah, this ain't real life, so I'll shut up).  But yeah, that kind of passion is hard to convey when you're specifically making an effort to be judicious in your comments and such.

And as for your comment about me never really seeming to love a movie, check out my posts on Lost in Translation (a little sparse because I really didn't know what to say) and 25th Hour (8th post down).

Ernie

Well, I guess I misread you then...it must just have been the movies I looked at, they must have been ones you either didn't like or only liked (didn't love). I was thinking mainly about what you thought of Kill Bill really.

ono

I posted this in another thread with no real response.  I'm wondering if people will be able to take more interest in this here, and maybe confirm or deny.

http://www.cduniverse.com/productinfo.asp?PID=1286705&frm=sh_google

FeloniousFunk

I checked DVD planet, DVD empire, and Amazon....nothing.

The 31st of December is on a Wednesday.

Nothing on DVDJournal's release calendar.

I don't think it's going down.