worst theater experience.

Started by NEON MERCURY, February 23, 2004, 10:12:38 PM

Reinhold

Quote from: Pas Rap on April 23, 2010, 07:29:06 AM
Obviously what you are doing right now is called (in my upcoming book of psychology at least) validation. I think it's a normal thing to do. People will reply, say anything, and then you're gonna do what you were subconsciently thinking of doing all along.

hedwig

when i saw The Fountain there were a bunch of 14 year old idiot girls sitting in front of me and they wouldn't shut up. they were laughing for no apparent reason, and about ten mintues into the film, one of them said, "uh.. i don't get it!" the others agreed. finally some big guy nearby was like "HEY.. SHUT UP.." but the dumb girls turned and announced, "you can't tell us what to do!" eventually they left, and i praised allah.

the WORST, however, was during Zodiac. there was a girl present who was unaware that i knew her and hated her. she didn't know me, though, so i didn't have to speak to her. she was sitting two seats away from me, and she and her friends would not stop talking throughout the entire movie. during a murder scene, they were laughing loudly and saying "oh my god that is not how somebody would sound if they got stabbed, hahahah wtf" so finally i turned to them and hissed "SHUT THE FUCK UP." and they did.

matt35mm

It appears that some party is most interested in turning girls into dimwitted chatterboxes for some diabolical reason.  It's clearly working.  Whose evil plan is this, and what is it for?

I'm sure that I'm not the only one who's noticed that all the mentions of audience disruptions in this thread, except for Godardian's experience with the frat boys (which is balanced out by his experience with yet another group of girls), comes from a group of girls.

I suggest a preemptive strike.

pete

well, there are other ones out there, but usually there is nothing you can do.  for example, the gangbangers beefing during zodiac, or old guy behind reminiscing during sea biscuit...but, like patton oswalt once said, a lot of times they actually make the theater experience better, not worse.  like when the girls sitting next to me were singing along during Block Party or something.
"Tragedy is a close-up; comedy, a long shot."
- Buster Keaton

hedwig

that's mostly true for bad movies, then it can be fun to hear people yell shit out.

SUPERBAD, however, was brimming with douches. [superbad kinda-spoiler] during the 'i love you' scene, some idiots were yelling out, "aw shit is he kissin' his neck? nawwww he's gonna kiss his neck!!!"

dvds are cool.

Pubrick

yeah. the moral of the story is that what pete did was so bizarre it can be considered successful retaliation. he got back at them by imprinting that indelible horrific image in their brain when he approached them. he shoulda said "COME TO DADDY" with the same face just to finish it off.
under the paving stones.

Stefen

Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

picolas

just remembered: i may have avoided a worst theater experience at the simpsons movie when a group of loud stupid silly boys who all talked exactly the same way nearly sat in front of the group i was in. a few of them settled in and then one was like "Nawww dogz! let's sit over theres!".. there was some discussion but i think i was able to turn the tides by loudly going "yeah! let's do that!" in one of their voices. moments later they were on the other side of the theater.

The Sheriff

Quote from: matt35mm on August 25, 2007, 10:54:27 AM
It appears that some party is most interested in turning girls into dimwitted chatterboxes for some diabolical reason.  It's clearly working.  Whose evil plan is this, and what is it for?

the problem here folks is feminism, trying to make men feel bad, and then men going "ok well if i feel bad can i get pussy?" THIS IS HAPPENING ALL OVER AMERICA. men are being lazy and putting up with female shit and now because they dont know their place they are running wild. please, when situations like this occur, USE THE PROPER TERMINOLOGY! use the word BITCH before the words shut the fuck up. its very important
id fuck ayn rand

pete

- Buster Keaton

Stefen

Quote from: Depraved, Inc. on September 11, 2007, 02:09:03 AM
Quote from: matt35mm on August 25, 2007, 10:54:27 AM

the problem here folks is feminism, trying to make men feel bad, and then men going "ok well if i feel bad can i get pussy?" THIS IS HAPPENING ALL OVER AMERICA. men are being lazy and putting up with female shit and now because they dont know their place they are running wild. please, when situations like this occur, USE THE PROPER TERMINOLOGY! use the word BITCH before the words shut the fuck up. its very important

I had a friend who used to always pull that shit! Try and make the girls feel sorry for him so he'll get laid. One time he told girls at a party that he was donating blood marrow for a kid at the childrens hospital. He even came up with the kids name and what he wanted to be when he grew up. He smashed like 2 chicks at that party, and one of these he ended up dating for a long time and having a baby that they put up for adoption. Another time he told this high school chick that he regrets not losing his virginity in high school and it really "messed me up man with later relationships" and got her to give him a blowjob. He was 22 and the teenager was my friends sister. Last time he did this he had cancer and banged probably the hottest girl anyone who goes to parties could bang. I'm making him sound like a monster, but he was a cool guy. He actually passed away from full blown aids last December, so I shouldn't really talk bad about him.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

72teeth

wow, that is a bad theater experience...
Doctor, Always Do the Right Thing.

Yowza Yowza Yowza

The Sheriff

Quote from: pete on September 11, 2007, 12:54:41 PM
that joke sucked.

its not a joke you fuckin idiot! its supposed to be funny because its true
id fuck ayn rand

pete

Quote from: Depraved, Inc. on September 12, 2007, 02:13:57 AM
its supposed to be funny

too bad you ruined it.  you shockjock piece of shit.
- Buster Keaton

The Sheriff

if you dont find it funny thats your prerogative, but it COULD be funny based on its truism. is that clear enough now?

Quote from: pete on August 23, 2007, 02:38:10 AM
I said "Well, I guess my favorite part was 40 times longer than your favorite part."

I really wanted to say "well, my favorite part had tits."  But that'd be inappropriate.

faggot
id fuck ayn rand