saturday night live

Started by sphinx, March 09, 2003, 05:38:36 PM

tpfkabi

Musical guest with Zooey is Karmin (no idea).

When I saw Bon Iver I knew he had already been on, so I was trying to picture Zooey on SNL and it hurt my brain.
I am Torgo. I take care of the place while the Master is away.

ono

That second sentence made no sense.  That was Bon Iver's first SNL appearance.

MacGuffin

Lindsay Lohan Set to Host SNL
The actress does not have any upcoming film projects to promote, but she is scheduled to join the cast of "Saturday Night Live" for her fourth time on March 3.
Source: THR

While she doesn't have any film, TV, or music projects to promote, Lindsay Lohan will be hosting the next episode of Saturday Night Live, two weeks from now on March 3.

"SNL! I love @NBC !!!!!!!!!!!!!" Lohan tweeted after the NBC show revealed in an on-air promo and Twitter posting that she would host its March 3 episode. She also changed her Twitter profile picture to the show's promo ad.

"That's right: March 3rd, @lindsaylohan with musical guest Jack White!! See you then! #SNL #March3rd," the show tweeted.

This will be Lohan's first time back on the sketch comedy show since 2006, but the actress hosted a total of three times in the mid-2000s. At the time, Tina Fey was head writer for SNL, and she seemed to support Lohan after co-starring with her in 2004's Mean Girls.

Lohan has maintained a good relationship with the show throughout her career, and has also publicly referred to show executive producer Lorne Michaels as a mentor and father figure. Yet, nearly a year ago, Lohan sent Michaels a letter stating she was upset by the show repeatedly taking digs at her expense. That Saturday night's show was hosted by Miley Cyrus. Cyrus, who herself had been in the tabloids lately for wearing a revealing outfit and smoking salvia, poked fun at Lohan during a song.

"I never stole a necklace or got a DUI / Never cheated on my wife like that golfer guy / So what if you can see a little boob from the side? / I'm sorry that I'm not perfect," Cyrus sang during her opening monologue.

Lohan is set to finish her community service assignment after pleading guilty in May to stealing a necklace from a Venice, California, jewelry store. She served five weeks of home confinement over the summer for that misdemeanor theft and violation of another probation. Lohan predicted she would finish her community service and counseling requirements well ahead of the March 29 deadline set by Judge Stephanie Sautner, who is overseeing her case, CNN reports.

"I've done all my days," Lohan said, referring to the shifts she must work at the Los Angeles County morgue each month. If so, next Wednesday's monthly appearance before Sautner should be as short and positive as the past two months have been for Lohan.

While all seems to be positive lately for the actress in her personal life, her career has been mostly on hold while she rebuilds herself. The most recent work Lohan has had was a nude spread in Playboy magazine in December, for which THR reported she was paid nearly $1 million.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

MacGuffin

'SNL' Unveils Hosts, Musical Guests for Three Episodes of New Season
Seth MacFarlane and Frank Ocean

BY ROLLING STONE

Saturday Night Live has unveiled the hosts and musical guests for three episodes of its upcoming 38th season. Family Guy creator and Ted mastermind Seth MacFarlane will host the season premiere on September 15th with Frank Ocean as the musical guest. Joseph Gordon-Levitt will host the September 22nd episode with Mumford & Sons as musical guests, and the show will take a British turn on October 6th with Daniel Craig as host and Muse as musical guests. The episodes will be MacFarlane's first as host and Craig's debut on the show. Gordon-Levitt hosted SNL in 2009.

Abby Elliott, Andy Samberg and Kristen Wiig left SNL after last season, and Jason Sudeikis has expressed interest in new creative opportunities if he is to stay with the show.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

MacGuffin

'SNL' Adding 2 Chicago Sketch Comedians
Source: Deadline

UPDATE: Lorne Michaels is finding new blood for Saturday Night Live after the departures of Kristen Wiig, Andy Samberg, and Abby Elliott and the expected exit of Jason Sudeikis. Deadline has confirmed what the very reliable Comic's Comic blog following the standup scene first reported: that SNL will bring Chicago sketch comedians Aidy Bryant and Tim Robinson on board when the show launches production Monday for the first week of Season 38. Many previous SNL alums come from the Windy City comedy scene where Bryant and Robinson are veterans, including Second City, iO, the Annoyance Theater and elsewhere around the city. Seth MacFarlane is hosting the season premiere on September 15 with musical guest Frank Ocean.

Skeleton FilmWorks

RegularKarate

Also, Neil Casey was added as a writer.
This guy is a genius improviser, one of the best working. He always amazes me and I wouldn't be surprised if he got to do some on-camera stuff down the road.

ono

Tonight's episode with Louie C.K. was one of the best of recent memory.  His monologue was great as expected, as were several sketches he was in, including especially of note a wonderful bit stuck at 12:50 with Kate McKinnon, reminiscent a tiny bit of Will Ferrell and Molly Shannon's awkward airport bar date sketch, though way more off the wall and less awkward.  Lincoln was an instant classic.  Fox and Friends was timely.  I missed the cold open, but all the other goodness made up for it, even the sketch where Louie was clad as some sort of viking, climbing up a mountain, blowing an obnoxiously loud ram's horn to deliver a message.  Check it ooooout.  (fun. was fun, too.)

Next time: Anne Hathaway and Rihanna.

polkablues

I'm amazed by how quickly Kate McKinnon and Cecily Strong have taken over the show.  I'll also be amazed if Aidy Bryant and Tim Robinson survive to see a second season.
My house, my rules, my coffee

RegularKarate

Yeah, the Louis CK episode was definitely a relief... the show has had a rough start this season. Louis came on and conquered.
I think the terrible Viking or whatever sketch was the one he had mentioned he hated, but he didn't want them to cut because he wanted a really bad sketch to suffer through. I can't imagine it being any other sketch on that episode.

pete

he made a reference in his group mail about that sketch but seemed amused by it enough. really it seemed like the type of sketch he usually does any way.
"Tragedy is a close-up; comedy, a long shot."
- Buster Keaton

ono

So this happened: https://twitter.com/SteveMartinToGo/status/310161621832056832/photo/1

Justin Timberlake is hosting tonight, and I'm thinking it's going to be quite the show.

ono

If you weren't watching, you missed a decent show with Zach Galifianakis this weekend.  Game of Game of Thrones was silly fun as was most of the other stuff Zach was in.  Of Monsters and Men were good.  And I really enjoyed the two-part sketch at the end of the episode and the Jordan's Wedding sketch.  The Aniston Lookalikes contest was somewhat of a missed opportunity, but still good.

Too bad Wiig is coming back to host this weekend (yes, already) *retch*.  Vampire Weekend (plugging their third album) is the musical guest.  At least the show will go out on a good note in two weeks when Ben Affleck returns to host with (ugh) Kanye West as the musical guest.

MacGuffin

Bill Hader Exiting 'Saturday Night Live'
The man who has parodied James Carville for eight seasons tapes his final show on Saturday
Source: TheWrap

The hottest New York City comedy show is no longer "Saturday Night Live" -- at least not for Weekend Update city correspondent, Stefon.

Bill Hader, the man of a thousand voices and an inability to keep a straight face, will be leaving "SNL" after eight seasons. Hader's final episode will be the season finale airing on Saturday, which will be hosted by Ben Affleck.

"It was a hard decision, but it has to happen at some point," Hader told the New York Times. "It got to a point where I said, 'Maybe it's just time to go.'"

Hader, 34, joined "SNL" as a featured performer in 2005 and was promoted to a full cast member in 2006. He was nominated for an Emmy for supporting actor in a comedy series last year -- a rarity for a show like "Saturday Night Live."

"He was so completely committed to the art of it and enough a student of it that there's something strikingly original," executive producer Lorne Michaels said of Hader. "He didn't explode onto the air, but gradually he found his voice, and that became a huge thing."

Hader told the New York Times that his decision was motivated partly by seeing friends Andy Samberg and Kristen Wiig move on, and partly by a desire to move his family to Los Angeles. His wife, Maggie Carey, is a filmmaker.

Skeleton FilmWorks

MacGuffin

Jason Sudeikis Confirms 'SNL' Exit

Jason Sudeikis has made it official–he will not return to "Saturday Night Live" this fall.

In an appearance tonight on CBS' "Late Show With David Letterman," Sudeikis was asked about how long he'd stay on the NBC series, and Sudeikis replied, "I'm definitely done; I'm not coming back next fall."

Sudeikis had been with the sketch comedy for 10 seasons.

The actor's exit, which was alluded to in "SNL's" season finale in May, follows the departures of Bill Hader and Fred Armisen from the series.

Sudeikis is expected to focus on his film career, which includes the upcoming comedy "We're the Millers" as well as a sequel to the 2011 movie "Horrible Bosses."

Skeleton FilmWorks