Official RADIOHEAD thread

Started by Duck Sauce, January 11, 2003, 05:54:58 PM

Sleuth

The packaging?  That's it?  What will be so special about the packaging?
I like to hug dogs

Dirk

At wave level, everything exists as a contradiction. Everything is existing in more than one stage/place at any given moment. Everything must move/vibrate and constantly change to exist. Everything, including buildings, mountains, oceans and thoughts.

USTopGun47

Anyone heard the String Quartet tribute to Radiohead doing OK Computer?  Greatttt stuff!   :-D
I'm somebody now, Harry. Everybody likes me. Soon, millions of people will see me and they'll all like me. I'll tell them about you, and your father, how good he was to us. Remember? It's a reason to get up in the morning. It's a reason to lose weight, to fit in the red dress. It's a reason to smile. It makes tomorrow all right. What have I got Harry, hm? Why should I even make the bed, or wash the dishes? I do them, but why should I? I'm alone. Your father's gone, you're gone. I got no one to care for. What have I got, Harry? I'm lonely. I'm old.

moonshiner

my guess is the limited edition will be a soft cover

regular cover....

the rumble of the train trails off to infinity, a place where no one goes anymore

JC, no not that one

modage

their last two albums also came in 2 formats regular and special limited edition, and the only difference is the presentation.  the amnesiac one is pretty cool because its the actual "book" from the cover of the album, but no extra tracks or anything.  

thanks a bunch for those b-sides, i had the album from there, but wasnt aware the b-sides leaked as well.

yeah, i heard the string quartet tribute while i was in borders books one day and thought it was really cool.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Sleuth

I'm not going to download the mastered version, but for those who have heard it:  How different is it from the original leaked copy?
I like to hug dogs

Pubrick

Quote from: tremoloslothHow different is it from the original leaked copy?
it's better.

think a real album made with instruments compared to sumthing produced with a moustache comb and string.
under the paving stones.

Pedro

Quote from: tremoloslothI'm not going to download the mastered version, but for those who have heard it:  How different is it from the original leaked copy?
It sounds prettier.  More electronic drums.  And "The Gloaming" is a lot better

Pedro

Quote from: Jeremy BlackmanLinks?

:multi:

Quote from: DirkTwo new b-sides and the mastered album for those who care.

Jeremy Blackman

Guess I'm not a patient reader.  :yabbse-undecided:

Overall, yeah, Pubrick is right. Incredible difference. More powerful, more beautiful, more hypnotic. Cleaner, with more bass.

I am a little disappointed with Sit Down Stand Up.. hate the drumbeat. Luckily I have the "original"...

I'm much more impressed with the sound of Go to Sleep, which I think is my favorite song on the album. More instruments, I think...

We Suck Young Blood doesn't sound fuzzy anymore. Less echo on the vocals, too. I kind of liked the faint, echo-y vocals better. But I can get used to this.

I'm getting more attached to The Gloaming, and I Will is just a classic (although I like the other beginning better).

The b-sides are beautiful... I just hope Radiohead isn't labeled "electronic"...

Pedro

Quote from: Jeremy Blackman
I am a little disappointed with Sit Down Stand Up.. hate the drumbeat. Luckily I have the "original"...

I think it fits with the chimes going on...it took me a while, but now it all clicks with me.

Pubrick

Quote from: Jeremy BlackmanI'm getting more attached to The Gloaming
they cut the final minute off, which was just random echoes, i like the new ending a lot more.. eerie.

Go To Sleep is living up to my initial expectations that it would be sickkkkkkk.
under the paving stones.

Jeremy Blackman

"Wolf at the Door" really sounds incredible... the next single?

godardian

I really love the cover.

Enough to check out what's inside, though...??

...to be continued.
""Money doesn't come into it. It never has. I do what I do because it's all that I am." - Morrissey

"Lacan stressed more and more in his work the power and organizing principle of the symbolic, understood as the networks, social, cultural, and linguistic, into which a child is born. These precede the birth of a child, which is why Lacan can say that language is there from before the actual moment of birth. It is there in the social structures which are at play in the family and, of course, in the ideals, goals, and histories of the parents. This world of language can hardly be grasped by the newborn and yet it will act on the whole of the child's existence."

Stay informed on protecting your freedom of speech and civil rights.