Best movie posters

Started by ©brad, March 06, 2003, 06:37:53 AM

©brad

Post a few of your favorite posters.

[/i]

phil marlowe

snaporaz

follow directions, phil...

anyways, i personally can't stand a movie poster that simply shows the actors from the film. they can at least try to have some sort of artistic meaning going on if they're going to do that. like the ghost world poster - two kids surrounded my nothing, seemingly lost & with nowhere to go. or like about schmidt - the rain cloud is obvious. posters like that l.a. confidential one suck ass. the worst examply i can point out, however, is the poster for what women want. jesus that poster is horrible.

anyways, some goodies.

and cbrad4d...why exactly do you like the l.a. confidential poster anyways? it is pretty bland, if i say so.

phil marlowe

Quote from: cbrad4dPost a few of your favorite posters.
Quote from: Phil MarlowePunch-Drunk Love.
Quote from: snaporazfollow directions, phil...

I think Phil Marlowe is my favourite poster.

©brad

u really think its bland? wow I think the exact opposite, very reminiscent of the classic film noirs.

MacGuffin

"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Recce

The European 'Se7en' posters were pretty cool. Oh, no. They have the film characters in them though. Damn, they must suck then.

http://us.imdb.com/Posters?0114369
"The idea had been growing in my brain for some time: TRUE force. All the king's men
                        cannot put it back together again." (Travis Bickle, "Taxi Driver")

bonanzataz

The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls

©brad

here's a dumb question for yah- why do they make different posters for the same movie for different countries? Is it entirely necessary?

Raikus

With my keen ability to descern that the question is about the quality of the poster, not the quality of the movie, I put forth the following two:

And the additional entries:

My apologies to those with dial-up.
Yes, to dance beneath the diamond sky with one hand waving free, silhouetted by the sea, circled by the circus sands, with all memory and fate driven deep beneath the waves, let me forget about today until tomorrow.

children with angels

One of the coolest posters I've seen was a weird one for Fight Club
I saw in a movie storein London where they had the normal Jack
and Tyler pictures but with "Brad Norton" and "Edward Pitt" printed
above them. That was good.
"Should I bring my own chains?"
"We always do..."

http://www.alternatetakes.co.uk/
http://thelesserfeat.blogspot.com/

Satcho9

The German Big Lebowski poster....

phil marlowe

I did not know they spoke french in Germany...

snaporaz

Quote from: Phil MarloweI did not know they spoke french in Germany...

beat me to it.

oh, and recce...

yeah, those posters really do suck - except that third one which is kinda cool.

frankly, i don't see what makes those first two any different or "cooler" than the billions of other movie posters like them. those types of posters are mainly just advertising the actors. and i understand that alot of time it's best to have a character from the movie on the poster as opposed to anything else, but like i said - they should at least be creative about it.

phil marlowe

Quote from: snaporazbeat me to it.

I beat you to it.

..and Damn! I believe my temporery internet files folder is full...