I have pictures too

Started by pete, January 15, 2006, 12:17:42 PM

private witt

Dang!  Tons of great street photography, and illustration.  Soo-poib!
"If you work in marketing or advertising, kill yourself.  You contribute nothing of value to the human race, just do us all a favor and end your fucking life."  ~Bill Hicks

pete

"Tragedy is a close-up; comedy, a long shot."
- Buster Keaton

Stefen

God, really pretty.

but why just kids? do you work with children all day?
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

pete

- Buster Keaton

Pubrick

until he got fired for taking pictures of them all the time..
under the paving stones.

Pozer

pete

ok a ton of pictures, here we go:
been doing portraits, paid and unpaid.

that's joan baez

- Buster Keaton

squints

"The myth by no means finds its adequate objectification in the spoken word. The structure of the scenes and the visible imagery reveal a deeper wisdom than the poet himself is able to put into words and concepts" – Friedrich Nietzsche

pete

- Buster Keaton

Jeremy Blackman

Yeah, those are amazing. What camera are you using?

Pubrick

He's not using a camera anymore, he's using his fucking soul.

This last batch contains some of your best work.
under the paving stones.

pete

wow thanks!
I grew to be a lot more sensitive to lights in the last year, but my photoshop/lightroom skills are still sloppy. I use a Canon 60D. Been doing a lot of food photography.
- Buster Keaton

Jeremy Blackman

It's funny, the cliche is that food always looks gross when photographed, unless you're using a studio or artificial food. How do you make the food look good, generally?

pete

I don't know? I can't imagine any digital photo looking good fallen off the truck - I don't shoot the raw images that way and no pro I know does that either. The trick is to make it look natural and I've often found myself working on a photo for hours and then becoming completely deflated when I reference the photos of my friends. I don't use lightroom though, and I think my photoshop skill thus far still lacks the fine touch. I'm confident with my skills filming food, but photos require a degree of finesse I'm still seeking:

here are two of my friends/sometime collaborators: Eric's site, Sara's site.

here are some sample images from a cookbook I'm shooting. I shot it in Taiwan on a scouting/research trip, so there was no resources or stylist - just a girl and me in the markets and restaurants and kitchens. I need to develop some skills STAT to make up for the lack of resources.

missing the nuances. but I'll get there I hope!
- Buster Keaton