24!

Started by Gamblour., December 22, 2003, 11:01:32 PM

Ravi

http://www.hindu.com/thehindu/holnus/009200506171861.htm

Twentieth Century drags ZEE to Delhi HC on 'Time Bomb'
Friday, June 17, 2005 : 1830 Hrs

New Delhi, June. 17 (PTI): The telecast of Zee's thriller "Time Bomb" will have to pass the test of the Delhi High Court as Hollywood producer Twentieth Century Fox Film Corporation today alleged that the serial was a copied version of its ongoing serial titled "24".

Justice B D Ahmed issued a notice to Zee Telefilms Ltd on a lawsuit filed by Twentieth Century Fox alleging that the concept of "Time Bomb" was based upon its TV serial "24" starring Emmy award nominee Keifer Sutherland.

Refusing to stay the launch of ZEE's thriller slated for June 20, the court asked the domestic TV company to file its reply and affidavit on or before Monday and place before it the CD/VCD of the first episode of the scheduled programme.

Senior advocate R K Anand, and C M Lall, appearing for the US producer, contended that the act of Zee Telefilms amounts to infringement of copyright bestowed on the serial "24".

However, Zee's counsel Maninder Singh, and Pratibha Singh refuted the allegation saying the thriller produced by the domestic channel had nothing to do with the American serial and they were ready to pass the test by the court.

During the hearing, it was submitted that "Time Bomb" was an international political thriller on global terror with its epicentre in South Asia. The story revolves around a plot to assassinate a young and dynamic Indian Prime Minister.

The serial "24" revolves around the security agencies' efforts to protect the US President from an international terrorist attack.

The US producers claimed that Zee had adopted similar USP for promoting its serial. The serial was divided into 24 episodes of one hour each with a story told in real time about events over a period of 24 hours.

Ravi

I finished season 3 a while ago, and I'm sad that the only 24 I will watch from now on will be an hour a week  :cry:

SPOILERS FOR SEASON 3

Season 3 was turned into a very different show about halfway through.  Jack's drug addiction had potential to be an interesting character flaw in an otherwise perfect character, but at some point he suddenly stopped having withdrawal symptoms, so it was back to normal.

I was worried that President Palmer's story would be boring, but they brought in Sherry and the death of Milliken.  And it was great to see Sherry get shot to death.

The thing with Chase's baby and then Chloe trying to take care of her for a while at CTU was unnecessary and pointless.

The end features Jack breaking down in tears and then driving off to CTU, which shows that his job goes on.  It's not as powerful as the endings of the first two seasons, but does the job.

END SPOILERS

Here's my ranking of the seasons, in order of best to worst:

1  (brilliant)
3  (virus threat was interesting, so was the President's story)
2  (nuclear bomb is kind of cliche)
4  (I dunno, I just didn't like it as much as the other seasons)

In season 5, CTU should have to protect the entire Earth from an extra-terrestrial invasion.

Kal

I just finished two and I bought 3 on Amazon. I'm expecting it anytime now so I can start. I'm downloading from the Internet Season 4 (TV-RIP) because otherwise I cant see it until November

Amazing entertainment... and I couldnt stop watching... I got back from Argentina a couple of days ago and watched 7 episodes during the 8 hour flight

Kal

Ok I'm just done with Season 4.. this show is increible... I think its the best show I've seen in a long time (too bad for Lost). And Keifer Sutherland is amazing too.

I watched the 4 seaons in a couple of months, and realized also its impossible to watch on TV.

It sucks that now Season 5 doesnt start for a few months, and even then I dont want to watch it and have to wait one week to see how it continues... its really nervwrecking

Some news also:

Sean Astin is joining the cast of Fox's real-time drama 24, which will again kick off its season with four episodes being shown over two consecutive nights. Astin will portray a new addition to the Counter Terrorist Unit in the drama series, which stars Kiefer Sutherland as agent Jack Bauer. Astin joins other new cast members Jean Smart, Connie Britton and Brady Corbet for the series' upcoming fifth season, which will premiere with two episodes from 8-10 p.m. Jan. 8, followed by two more from 8-10 p.m. Jan. 9 (the second episode Jan. 9 will be the show's 100th). On Jan. 16, the fifth hour of 24 will air in the show's regular 9 p.m. Monday slot.

>>>>>  NEW SEASON SPOILERS <<<<

As far as I know also, Tony, Chloe, Edgar and Buchanan are coming back. I dont know if Michelle and President Palmer will be back.  The first hour its supposed to be already really intense, and everyone who saw Season 4 should know why.

MacGuffin

Sean Astin on "24" Duty

The Lord of the Rings star joins the cast of Fox's 24 for the clock-ticking drama's fifth season, the network announced Friday.

While it's known that Astin's character toils for the Counter Terrorist Unit (CTU), Fox is keeping its lips sealed on any other details pertaining to the new addition.

The erstwhile Hobbit is just one of several new characters clocking in for 24.

Fox previously announced that     Jean Smart (Garden State),     Connie Britton (Spin City) and Brady Corbet (Thirteen) would be joining the cast.

24's fifth day kicks off with a four-hour, two-night premiere Jan. 8 and 9.

The series picks up 18 months after the final episode of the fourth season aired, leaving Jack Bauer (     Kiefer Sutherland) presumed dead, but actually living a new life with new love interest Diane (Britton) and her son, Derek (Corbet).
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

mogwai

you people have to tell me how's the season premiere!
context, context, context.

sickfins

quite wonderful.  much more in the vein of classic 24 than the scattered season 4.

so sad about ________, though

Gamblour.

Oh yes yes yes. So very kickass.
WWPTAD?

awesome! i don't think i've publically stated my love for 24 over here but here it goes. an uncle got me into it in last year's september, i was reluctant but i borrowed the first season and i was glued to the tube for that weekend. i even skipped some classes on that monday because i wanted to finish the whole set. i think that, to me, 24 is what the x-files was to a lot of people back in the days, but i was never really interested in the files. 24.. it's so good when it's bad, like sometimes it'll be so predictable that you'll know the whole set of dialogues , but the thing is that even the writers are aware of that and they don't take themselves very seriously. i think it was on the second season dvd where they said that their motto is   'it may be bad but it won't be boring'.
spoilers for seasons two and three.
i still haven't seen season four but i've heard it's not very good. my favorite season is number one but i think it looks kind of dated now. the perfect 24 would be a mix of the great storytelling in season one with the looks and villain of season three. that stephen saunders was mmmean til he 'pussied out' at the infected hotel with his daughter. crybaby.   like gamblour said, the mason subplot on season two was extremely interesting to watch and definetely the reason why i became a fan of the series, the good subplots. xander berkeley did some of the best acting i've seen in american television, but season three had basically the same thing with chapelle (which sucked cos i liked that character). what else, what else... fuck martin sheen, palmer is the best president ever, he cries  when a kid dies in a riot. kim bauer  :yabbse-thumbdown:, JACK BAUER :yabbse-thumbup: :yabbse-thumbup: :yabbse-thumbup:   i've always been a fan of kiefer , he can play a pretty convincing son of a bitch with his crazy lips and manly hoarse voice. but the best part is how he always mutilates persons. always.  i'll stop now cos i'm not saying anything new , and if someone wants to kick my ass, bring it on.
context, context, context.

Reinhold

i haven't been into 24 until this point, but i watched it after the carolina/chicago game today, and i think i'll have to watch the rest of the season.

i saw last season's finale, so i'm a little bit up to speed. i likes what i sees so far, cept for the audio in the scene between the president and his head secret service guy near the patio door. was that pissing anybody else off? the levels were so bad.
Quote from: Pas Rap on April 23, 2010, 07:29:06 AM
Obviously what you are doing right now is called (in my upcoming book of psychology at least) validation. I think it's a normal thing to do. People will reply, say anything, and then you're gonna do what you were subconsciently thinking of doing all along.

Kal

It was a great way to start... I loved it...

I watched all the other 4 seasons on DVD, almost every show in a period of 2 months. I was very into it so I had to watch the Season Premiere tonight... problem is I hate having to wait and watching it one hour at the time... but I dont want to wait until the whole season is over to watch it!

polkablues

Quote from: cronopio on January 15, 2006, 10:42:42 PM
i still haven't seen season four but i've heard it's not very good.

Personally, I thought seasons two and three were balls (two because of Sarah Wynter, three because the story they started out with was WAY more interesting than the story they ended up with)... season four I actually liked quite a bit.  I thought the stakes for Jack's character on a personal level reached heights they hadn't previously.

Which... segueing into the new season, they seem to be taking to heart.  Big things are happening.  Big, shocking things.  There are shifty-eyed dogs everywhere.
My house, my rules, my coffee

Gamblour.

Quote from: polkablues on January 16, 2006, 01:21:48 AM
Personally, I thought seasons two and three were balls (two because of Sarah Wynter, three because the story they started out with was WAY more interesting than the story they ended up with)... season four I actually liked quite a bit.

Agreed. Season one can't be beat. The second one was just the disappointing sequel, and the third season was absurd, I thought. So many dropped plotlines. The fourth season had the same problem, but the writing was one hundred percent better.
WWPTAD?

Ravi

I wasn't expecting the __________________ to happen.  It was completely __________________.  It was pretty cool how ____________ and ___________ while Jack ____________ banana creme pie ______________ CTU.  Overall the premiere was very ____________.  I can't wait for ________________.