Mullholland Drive

Started by modage, July 11, 2003, 05:51:44 PM

Reinhold

it all plays so much better in the film... it's one of my favorite films but i'd pass on it if i saw it like this too.
Quote from: Pas Rap on April 23, 2010, 07:29:06 AM
Obviously what you are doing right now is called (in my upcoming book of psychology at least) validation. I think it's a normal thing to do. People will reply, say anything, and then you're gonna do what you were subconsciently thinking of doing all along.

Sleepless

Lynch to build real-life Club Silencio in Paris. It's going to be part-concert hall, part-restaurant, part-library and part-cinema.
He held on. The dolphin and all the rest of its pod turned and swam out to sea, and still he held on. This is it, he thought. Then he remembered that they were air-breathers too. It was going to be all right.

SiliasRuby

A reason to go back to Paris. Yipeeee!
The Beatles know Jesus Christ has returned to Earth and is in Los Angeles.

When you are getting fucked by the big corporations remember to use a condom.

There was a FISH in the perkalater!!!

My Collection

cronopio 2

he's becoming the new Alejandro Jodorowsky. i fucking hate Jodorowsky.

mogwai

When did the filmmaking take a backseat in his car? :(

Jeremy Blackman

I think he's exited the car.

I'm still patiently hopeful, though.

mogwai

I think he and Quentin switched seats.

MacGuffin

David Lynch Opens Paris Nightclub
The auteur designed the members-only club based on a location in his film "Mulholland Drive."
Source: THR

David Lynch is already a filmmaker, television director, musician, visual artist and producer. Now he can add nightclub designer and owner to his long list of accomplishments.

Lynch opened a members-only club at 142, Rue Monmartre in Paris called Silencio on Wednesday. Lynch designed the entire space, based on the club from his film Mulholland Drive.

Lynch, who did not attend the opening, said he spent two years creating the space. The furniture is 1950s inspired, and The Guardian describes the place as "somewhere between nirvana, a classy Cincinatti cocktail bar circa 1975, and Goldie's mouth." Lynch designed the furniture in collaboration with designer Raphael Navot.

"Silencio is something dear to me," Lynch told The Guardian. "I wanted to create an intimate space where all the arts could come together."

Lynch's only other non-arts related business is his own line of special organic blend coffees, which are available on his website.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/film/2011/aug/31/david-lynch-disco-paris
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

mogwai

Proof the he has far too much time on his hands.

Lottery

Just want to say that the performance Naomi Watts gives in this film is one of my favourite female performances.