DOWN SINCE DAY ONE?

Started by modage, July 06, 2003, 08:50:39 PM

Vile5

Quote from: ebeamanYea, I don't fucking care if somebody thinks I'm stupid.  8)

you are smart man!  :yabbse-thumbup:
"Wars have never hurt anybody except the people who die." - Salvador Dalí

Ernie

Quote from: Vile5

Thanks man. Eminem taught me everything I know.

Alethia

eminems a smart man as well.

markums2k

Quote from: ebeaman
Quote from: Vile5

Thanks man. Eminem taught me everything I know.

Sounds like somebody's parents aren't paying attention to the Parental Advisory warnings.  Har har...  :shock:

Anyways, I'm glad that younger audiences dig Anderson.  Seriously.  I just don't necessarily want to hear about it.  I mean, I was a kid too, but that was then, and now is now.  And I don't talk to 16-year-olds much anymore.

edison

I saw B.N once in the theater when it first came out with my parents and little brother, when we walked out the line for the next show stared at us bc they were i guess surprised that a 13 and 15 yr old were coming out of there

When Magnolia came out, i was working as a projectionist so i saw it the night before at 11pm, then the opening day again with my girlfriend then every once and a while i would watch it here and there while it was playing in my theater

For PDL, i saw it when it first came out, i was in Ft. Collins, CO so i had to drive to Denver, an hour to see it. Then a few weeks later it came to my city so i saw it again.

As for H.E., i think i rented this one, or i might have just blind bought it on dvd, i dont really remember how i first viewed this one.

moonshiner

the buzz was huge about Boogie Nights when it came out, and wanted to see it if only for the racy subject matter.....i really liked it a lot (rented VHS), oblivious to Paul Thomas Anderson, and to Hard Eight.  My freshman year in college Magnolia came out...the trailers were very vague except the mention that it was "from the director of Boogie Nights." I actually made it to the theaters opening night and loved it, like many on these boards the characters and their problems really resonated with me. I obsessed about the movie until i owned it on video and watched it several times....My second date with my current girlfriend i found a rented copy of the Magnolia dvd on her table. She was tipped off of my passion for this movie before we ever went out, she really did her homework, impressed me, and found out what she was in for in one fail swoop...Within the waiting for Punch-Drunk Love i finally realized that Anderson had also done a movie called Hard Eight, which was the slowest of his movies to grow on me. Now currently obsessed with Punch-Drunk Love after seeing it in an awful old-timey theater and g/f buying it for me on DVD.....this guy's really good.

longest post ever.
the rumble of the train trails off to infinity, a place where no one goes anymore

JC, no not that one

Pozer

Quote from: EEz28As for H.E., i think i rented this one, or i might have just blind bought it on dvd, i dont really remember how i first viewed this one.

Why do you call Hard Eight H.E.? Are you trying to bee cool?
You're only supposed to call it Hard Eight as I just found out a few posts back.

SoNowThen

Quote from: poser
Quote from: EEz28As for H.E., i think i rented this one, or i might have just blind bought it on dvd, i dont really remember how i first viewed this one.

Why do you call Hard Eight H.E.? Are you trying to bee cool?
You're only supposed to call it Hard Eight as I just found out a few posts back.

Hehehe    :yabbse-thumbup:
Those who say that the totalitarian state of the Soviet Union was not "real" Marxism also cannot admit that one simple feature of Marxism makes totalitarianism necessary:  the rejection of civil society. Since civil society is the sphere of private activity, its abolition and replacement by political society means that nothing private remains. That is already the essence of totalitarianism; and the moralistic practice of the trendy Left, which regards everything as political and sometimes reveals its hostility to free speech, does nothing to contradict this implication.

When those who hated capital and consumption (and Jews) in the 20th century murdered some hundred million people, and the poster children for the struggle against international capitalism and America are now fanatical Islamic terrorists, this puts recent enthusiasts in an awkward position. Most of them are too dense and shameless to appreciate it, and far too many are taken in by the moralistic and paternalistic rhetoric of the Left.

edison

Yes, i am trying to be cool, please everyone jump on the "Lets call Hard Eight, H.E." bandwagon

BrainSushi

Quote from: ebeaman
Quote from: BrainSushistarted getting serious about wanting to become a filmmaker
Anybody know by any chance? What tapes they might have been on? The Magnolia one was probably a New Line movie, right?.

Could it have been an Austin Powers movie? I dunno, I also seem to remember the trailer being on some tape... actually, I remember first seeing the trailer in the theatre... I have the most vivid memory of that frog coming up in front of the traffic light and I would think, "The hell...? A frog...?" and Ricky Jay would say, "This will all be explained in the end." or somehting like that... I must peruse my VHS's now and try to find the Magnolia trailer!

Pubrick

Quote from: poserWhy do you call Hard Eight H.E.? Are you trying to bee cool?
why are u biting my shit? are u just waiting to incorporate the word "bee" into a stupid joke?
ur only supposed to suck my dick as i just found out last nite from ur mom.
under the paving stones.

Cecil

Pozer

Quote from: P
Quote from: poserWhy do you call Hard Eight H.E.? Are you trying to bee cool?
why are u biting my shit? are u just waiting to incorporate the word "bee" into a stupid joke?
ur only supposed to suck my dick as i just found out last nite from ur mom.

you've lost it

Pubrick

Quote from: poseryou've lost it
i don't know why u had to bring that shit up again, it was between me and Punchdrunk23 and even then he didn't understand shit.

this place is being overrun by idiots and i'm the only one saying anything about it.
under the paving stones.

bonanzataz

Quote from: markums2kI think it's more amazing how many people here seem to be under 18.  I take this site a little less seriously now.

The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls