Author Topic: Cinephile: A Card Game [feat. The Magnificent Andersons]  (Read 1339 times)

modage

• Admin
  • Respect: +801
    • Floating Heads
Cinephile: A Card Game [feat. The Magnificent Andersons]
« on: April 29, 2018, 10:19:38 AM »
+15
Hey Xixax -

I made a card game for movie nerds! Well, technically I made a Kickstarter for a card game for movie nerds, so with your help, I will get to make this card game.

I'm really excited about it so would love your support, feedback, questions, etc. Thanks!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/modage/cinephile-a-card-game
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

WorldForgot

• The Vision Quest
  • 'change your hair, change your life'
  • Respect: +104
    • tweettweet
Re: Cinephile: A Card Game
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2018, 10:15:38 PM »
Dude!!!

Very cool, and I dig the teaser. My friends and I play a variant of 20 questions with different film categories, but this gives the Uno Remix variant which will be fun to try out. I'll sit on the idea and see if I can come up with input on more modes. The focused card types are good, too, keeps the base game built around broad cinephilia and homemade rule sets/variants.

Fitzroy

• The Call to Adventure
  • Respect: +22
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2018, 02:17:47 PM »
I would totally buy this / invest. Alas, Im in the UK and I see its US only.

modage

• Admin
    • Floating Heads
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2018, 03:52:35 PM »
Thanks guys!

Still considering an international shipping option. But initially nixed it just because it was so crazy expensive I didn't want people to feel like they were getting ripped off paying $15 to ship a $20 game... But I have gotten some interest so I may figure something out and will let you know.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

modage

• Admin
    • Floating Heads
Re: Cinephile: A Card Game [feat. The Magnificent Andersons]
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2018, 10:46:32 AM »
+2

Doing a PTA & Wes expansion pack (because of course I am).

Spread the word.

eward

• The Master of Two Worlds
  • Respect: +120
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2018, 12:46:51 PM »
+2
I'm officially your 263rd backer! Very excited.
"Do you laugh at jealousy?"

"No, I don't even laugh at seasickness! I happen to regard jealousy as the seasickness of passion."

modage

• Admin
    • Floating Heads
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2018, 02:56:44 PM »
Thanks! Also: I'm working on an international shipping option now. So far the best I can find is just like $15 USPS but if someone knows of a better (cheaper) way to get tiny packages shipped out of the U.S, let me know.

DMCA & Copyright | Terms & Conditions | Privacy Policy