How Does PTA Pay The Bills?

Started by modage, December 03, 2009, 09:51:50 PM

Reel

Ratner's worth 65 mil. Ain't that a thorn in your side? As I was writing this a spot for Tower Heist came on. I hate that dude...

Fernando

Quote from: polkablues on February 20, 2012, 05:37:50 PM
I find that number almost impossible to believe, unless he's been secretly directing Japanese commercials in his downtime.

I do too actually, to begin with it number's too round that it sounds arbitrary, if it was between 20-25mill i'd believe that, still 20-25 is a shitload of money.

then started to look up other celebrities:

Fincher 65m
M. Bay 400m
Cruise 250m (thought he would have way more)
JC Reilly 45m
Lynch 60m

idk, maybe that site is bull, some of the above seem right others not so much.

mogwai

How much did "Couch" make in YouTube profits?

O.

superb

bxt101

Quote from: polkablues on December 04, 2009, 01:27:58 PM
Quote from: cine on December 04, 2009, 12:49:40 PM
lets put all number-crunching aside and remind ourselves where he lives.

Two front doors??? How can he afford that?
Does anyone have this picture any longer -- allegedly of PTA and PSH's adjoining houses?

Pubrick

Hey noob who requests things, it wasn't actually a pic of his house, it was a reference to a joke pic of a really crappy house in the desert somewhere posted in another thread. Here's the original classic xixax moment:

http://xixax.com/index.php?topic=6218.0

Anyway, when you're done lolling through that, go over here and introduce yourself:

http://xixax.com/index.php?topic=2.930
under the paving stones.

mogwai

Even if it wasn't PTA's crib, imagine having a barbecue party on the roof. No?

wilberfan

[THE WEBSITE FUTURE BILLIONAIRES READ EVERY DAY]

QuoteAll net worths are calculated by applying a proprietary algorithm. The results are then fact checked and confirmed by a team of editors. We scan all publicly available data and resources and work diligently to ensure that our numbers are the most accurate and up to date net worth data you will find anywhere on the internet.

https://www.celebritynetworth.com/richest-celebrities/directors/paul-thomas-anderson-net-worth/

Jeremy Blackman

If true, that is definitely more than I expected.

ono

Yeah, that seems really high.  And the bio reads like something someone who just learned about PTA 15 years ago would write after Googling him.

wilberfan

Yeah, struck me as being an absurdly big number.   His films aren't known for making a ton of money, hard to imagine where that kind of scratch would come from.

Drenk

No way this number is true. The last movie that made more money that it costed was There Will Be Blood. Ten years ago. And he's been saying a lot recently that he needed to make movie for financial and emotional reasons. He's not making that much.

Now. How does Richard Kelly pay the bills?
Ascension.

csage97

Makes me wonder how someone like Lynne Ramsay pays the bills.

wilberfan

Between Richard and Lynne, I've seen exactly ONE of their features...

[edit]  And I had to look up both of them.

Alethia

I worked on Lynne Ramsay's new movie You Were Never Really Here summer before last, and from what I could tell she leads a fairly hooked-up lifestyle. She has a young child too, for whom I had to assemble an unreasonably complex bassinet in a hot, sticky, poorly-ventilated apartment in Brooklyn on a 90 degree day - but I digress. Anyway, I think she and her husband make the bulk of their living through various writing jobs...