The Future of Xixax Members

Started by cine, December 07, 2003, 11:53:33 PM

Xixax

Quote from: Pas RapportI don't need a dick in my anus to know I absolutely don't want a dick in my anus.
[/size]

ElPandaRoyal

I hope within the next five years I get my book done and out there. I also have plans to shoot a couple of shorts I have written.

In ten years, I either have my first feature film released or I will give up that dream and move forward to some other respected profession (like a hitman). Also, beeing in love and having a woman I can't live without next to me is crucial.

Fifteen years from now, I'll pretty much need to have my life defined. A wife I love, a family, enough money to spend in movies and turning my kids into film lovers just like their old man.
Si

Vile5

i have no idea what the hell i'll be doing even the next year, i have my plans but no one knows, but if i would make a movie in the next ten years, one of my characters will have a white t-shirt with letters in black saying "xixax.com... a very food site"
"Wars have never hurt anybody except the people who die." - Salvador Dalí

SoNowThen

Quote from: taz.years from now, if anybody here makes it big (which, in a perfect world, we all will), slip xixax references in your movies. spraypaint "xixax" on a wall in the background or have a character named mike wilson or something. we'll be known as the "xixax alumni" and there will be spreads about us in entertainment weekly and shit. that'll rock.

You have my personal promise I will do this!!!! 8)

We will be the next new wave -- the Xixax Wave. And pretentious books will be written about our semiotics. As the French New Wave was the first significant gathering of critics to turn filmmakers, we shall be the first internet movie board group members to turn filmmakers.

And, RK is so right. People are gonna be coming out of the woodwork to pretend they were in on the Xixax Wave. "I logged in once and posted something about PTA and MacGuffin redirected me, and that inspired me to write and direct my first feature. Hopefully it'll get accepted to Sundance." Soon, the board (like all the festivals) will get flooded with sleazy LA types trying to find the next big thing -- and Pantalones' worst nightmare will have come true. All conversations will be carried on in emoticons...

And there'll be t-shirts that the New York film underground will wear that say "I got re-directed by MacGuffin".
Those who say that the totalitarian state of the Soviet Union was not "real" Marxism also cannot admit that one simple feature of Marxism makes totalitarianism necessary:  the rejection of civil society. Since civil society is the sphere of private activity, its abolition and replacement by political society means that nothing private remains. That is already the essence of totalitarianism; and the moralistic practice of the trendy Left, which regards everything as political and sometimes reveals its hostility to free speech, does nothing to contradict this implication.

When those who hated capital and consumption (and Jews) in the 20th century murdered some hundred million people, and the poster children for the struggle against international capitalism and America are now fanatical Islamic terrorists, this puts recent enthusiasts in an awkward position. Most of them are too dense and shameless to appreciate it, and far too many are taken in by the moralistic and paternalistic rhetoric of the Left.

molly

Quote from: taz.years from now, if anybody here makes it big (which, in a perfect world, we all will), slip xixax references in your movies. spraypaint "xixax" on a wall in the background or have a character named mike wilson or something. we'll be known as the "xixax alumni" and there will be spreads about us in entertainment weekly and shit. that'll rock.

It's a promise :yabbse-thumbup:

MacGuffin

Quote from: SoNowThenAnd there'll be t-shirts that the New York film underground will wear that say "I got re-directed by MacGuffin".

Should we revive this idea then?
http://xixax.com/viewtopic.php?t=3670
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

TheVoiceOfNick

Quote from: SoNowThenAnd, RK is so right. People are gonna be coming out of the woodwork to pretend they were in on the Xixax Wave. "I logged in once and posted something about PTA and MacGuffin redirected me, and that inspired me to write and direct my first feature. Hopefully it'll get accepted to Sundance." Soon, the board (like all the festivals) will get flooded with sleazy LA types trying to find the next big thing -- and Pantalones' worst nightmare will have come true. All conversations will be carried on in emoticons...

This is the funniest shit i've read all week.   :P

Gamblour.

Quote from: MacGuffin
Quote from: SoNowThenAnd there'll be t-shirts that the New York film underground will wear that say "I got re-directed by MacGuffin".

Should we revive this idea then?
http://xixax.com/viewtopic.php?t=3670

Yes!
WWPTAD?

©brad

Quote from: SoNowThen

We will be the next new wave -- the Xixax Wave. And pretentious books will be written about our semiotics. As the French New Wave was the first significant gathering of critics to turn filmmakers, we shall be the first internet movie board group members to turn filmmakers.

And, RK is so right. People are gonna be coming out of the woodwork to pretend they were in on the Xixax Wave. "I logged in once and posted something about PTA and MacGuffin redirected me, and that inspired me to write and direct my first feature. Hopefully it'll get accepted to Sundance." Soon, the board (like all the festivals) will get flooded with sleazy LA types trying to find the next big thing -- and Pantalones' worst nightmare will have come true. All conversations will be carried on in emoticons...

And there'll be t-shirts that the New York film underground will wear that say "I got re-directed by MacGuffin".

dude, i'm totally in. i always wanted to be part of a wave.

SHAFTR

Quote from: ©brad

dude, i'm totally in. i always wanted to be part of a wave.

who will write our manifesto?
I nominate either Godardian or GT.
"Talking shit about a pretty sunset
Blanketing opinions that i'll probably regret soon"

ono

Quote from: SHAFTRwho will write our manifesto?
GT hates everything, though (except for Die Hard, City of God, and Grave of the Fireflies :-P).  We're all about the love of movies here.  That said, Godardian is great (though he might be a bit too cerebral for a lot of people).  Ghostboy or MacGuffin would be great for the job, too.

Gold Trumpet

Quote from: Onomatopoeia
Quote from: SHAFTRwho will write our manifesto?
GT hates everything, though (except for Die Hard, City of God, and Grave of the Fireflies :-P).  We're all about the love of movies here.  That said, Godardian is great (though he might be a bit too cerebral for a lot of people).  Ghostboy or MacGuffin would be great for the job, too.

haha, I was going to disqualify myself because Shaftr had the word "write" in his question and that surely does not apply to any of my talents. Godardian gets the job. I'll just critique his first draft.

SoNowThen

Why don't we just take that Oberhausen Manifesto I posted a while back, and change the word "Germany" to, I dunno... "north america"... or "internet board members" or something...

Who will be the first one of us to let success go to his head, and become a raging coke fiend?
Those who say that the totalitarian state of the Soviet Union was not "real" Marxism also cannot admit that one simple feature of Marxism makes totalitarianism necessary:  the rejection of civil society. Since civil society is the sphere of private activity, its abolition and replacement by political society means that nothing private remains. That is already the essence of totalitarianism; and the moralistic practice of the trendy Left, which regards everything as political and sometimes reveals its hostility to free speech, does nothing to contradict this implication.

When those who hated capital and consumption (and Jews) in the 20th century murdered some hundred million people, and the poster children for the struggle against international capitalism and America are now fanatical Islamic terrorists, this puts recent enthusiasts in an awkward position. Most of them are too dense and shameless to appreciate it, and far too many are taken in by the moralistic and paternalistic rhetoric of the Left.

Alethia

Who will be the first one of us to let success go to his head, and become a raging coke fiend?

me

no i'm kidding.

Xixax

I'm having our designer work on an "official" Xixax logo treatment, so Xixax tees, mousepads, coffeemugs and marital aids will be available soon through CafePress.
Quote from: Pas RapportI don't need a dick in my anus to know I absolutely don't want a dick in my anus.
[/size]