Tony Scott

Started by gwfa, May 16, 2004, 10:01:18 AM

72teeth

fucking awful.

see ya later, Tony Scott...
Doctor, Always Do the Right Thing.

Yowza Yowza Yowza

Fernando

several news sites are saying that he apparently had inoperable brain cancer...

modage

Terrible news. Interesting how much the news of his inoperable brain cancer changes the context of the suicide though. Makes it almost as heroic as tragic.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Pubrick

No I think heroic would be to die with dignity in the privacy of his home or in Oregon or Washington state where apparently euthanasia is legal and not ruin everybody's day and waste local resources with a painstaking cadaver search and investigation.

Not to mention the trauma to his kids who instead of having their mother deal with their grief privately now have news of their dad offing himself all over TV to a much greater extent than would have occurred if done with some consideration*..

*I dunno, I guess there's no considerate way to kill yourself.
under the paving stones.

Neil

I haven't had the internet or the tube for a couple weeks and I walk into work and a co worker comes up to me;  keep in mind this guy is the one whose quotes are always in the, "worst things you've ever heard someone say about a movie thread," and as he walks up with a smirk he says, "I guess tony scott needed a wing man."

Me, having no clue about what had happened, I stand there and stare blankly back at him saying, "I don't get it."

"you didn't hear? tony scott killed himself...I guess he needed a wing man."

Just thought i'd let you all know how I receive news these days.  Oh yeah, and slipknot was right, People = Shit.
it's not the wrench, it's the plumber.

modage

Whoops. No brain cancer.

Now I'm just confused.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Neil

By the way P, that diagram of "places where assisted suicide is legal," just blew my mind.
it's not the wrench, it's the plumber.

MacGuffin

Coroner: Scott's notes didn't say reason for death

LOS ANGELES (AP) — Los Angeles County coroner's officials say notes left behind by "Top Gun" director Tony Scott did not give a motive why he would kill himself.

Coroner's office spokesman Ed Winter also said Friday the notes didn't mention any health issues.

The 68-year-old Scott died Sunday after leaping from the Vincent Thomas Bridge into Los Angeles Harbor. An autopsy was performed on the British-born director's body Monday, but it will be a month or more before an official cause of death is determined.

Coroner's officials are treating Scott's death as a probable suicide.

Winter says one of the notes left in his car was a list of emergency contact numbers and another included messages to friends and loved ones.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks