One more idea...

Started by Xeditor, January 21, 2003, 10:10:15 PM

Xeditor

This one too is also just an idea.  What if there was a guy who seems very remorseful for something he did earlier in life, but you don't know what it is.  Then, get the audience to connect w/ him and love him.  Then kill him off, either suicide, murder, natural causes, whatever.  Then show that what he did was very bad, like child murder or something, and leave with a voice over like, "Please don't hate me now!"  I'm just curious as to see what ppl reaction would be cuz they see this guy as a good person, but then find out he was very bad, even tho hes real sorry.  Would they still love him and feel bad that he died, or would they change their mind and hate him?  It kinda like reverse "false accusation."  Like if some one is framed for something they never did, and then ppl find out it really wasn't them,  for some reason ppl still view the person as a criminal.  I'm just curious if it works the other way?
The length of a film should be directly related to the endurance of the human bladder.

Cecil

i think that would make a very interesting movie. but the part where we see what he actually did has to be really heartbreaking and repulsive. more than just child murder, more like child mutilation... or is that going too far?

sphinx

i have to say that it sounds like an interesting idea, but i disagree with your philosophy of telling stories.  don't take that the wrong way :\

MacGuffin

Sounds like the opposite of this:

"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Xixax

It's sort of like "Primal Fear". You almost like Edward Norton's character until you realize that he's as evil as they come.

Still, I'd say it's pretty creative to have come up with it on your own.
Quote from: Pas RapportI don't need a dick in my anus to know I absolutely don't want a dick in my anus.
[/size]

Xeditor

Quote from: sphinxi have to say that it sounds like an interesting idea, but i disagree with your philosophy of telling stories.  don't take that the wrong way :\

What do you mean by that?
The length of a film should be directly related to the endurance of the human bladder.

RegularKarate

Quote from: Xeditor
Quote from: sphinxi have to say that it sounds like an interesting idea, but i disagree with your philosophy of telling stories.  don't take that the wrong way :\

What do you mean by that?

He probably just hates it when the audience is manipulated.

(personally, I think it's good to manipulate sometimes, but only when it's done right)

Xixax

No, man. Those are my wife's favorite moves. The ones with a sudden surprise that makes you do "oh my god, I didn't see that coming!"

Unpredictable is great.
Quote from: Pas RapportI don't need a dick in my anus to know I absolutely don't want a dick in my anus.
[/size]

sphinx

no, i don't mind manipulation of the audience, it's just that my philosophy of storytelling is that i have a story i want to tell people, and i don't neccesarily tailor it around the audience's reactions.  that's not to say that your idea is wrong or stupid, but personally, i don't think that's why stories should ultimately be written for.  i mean, to a certain extent, people go to movies to get scared, or be happy, or sad, but the reactions should come out of the story, not the other way around.

Xeditor

Good point.  I respect that.

scojo

The problem with this idea is that your purpose is to test people.  To see if the general public would be able to accept this.  Your ultimate result, if the film were made, would be a mystery to you.

Your movie needs to be about the test.  Have someone (or a group/family) meet someone like that, who's done something terrible and then after he's gone/dead, they find out what he had done.  It would be much more interesting to see that part on film.  How unstable an opinion is when someone instantly hates the man when he finds out.  Something like that.  

Scojo