PINK FLOYD

Started by NEON MERCURY, August 07, 2003, 11:34:14 PM

Brazoliange

you need to live in London to get the tix.

oh and you need to text for them by Monday (tomorrow).

oh, and from what I read, PF may not actually be playing there after all.

~~
Long live the New Flesh

Just Withnail

Yeah, I noticed  :(  I guess I'll be praying for a world tour then...

noyes

south america's my name.

NEON MERCURY

i guess i should say something since i started this thread and i dont want to seem like a poser...

i am sad that he's dead but...early floyd is not my thing as much as the mid to late floyd...

well, basically waters is a  fucking genius...

animals, the wall, the final cut, pros and cons, kaos, and amused to dweath...just fucking awesome...w/o out waters floyd would be shit.....when waters dies..thats when i contemplate suicide...

Fernando

I saw Waters last friday...best.concert.ever. :onfire: :drool: :notworthy:

Cron I know you're not a fan but i beg you to check him out tomorrow night.

Here's the set list:

In the Flesh
Mother
Set the Controls for the Heart of the Sun
Shine on You Crazy Diamond
Have a Cigar
Wish You Were Here
Southampton Dock
The Fletcher Memorial Home
Perfect Sense 1 & 2
Leaving Beirut
Sheep

Dark Side of the Moon in its entirety:
Speak to Me/Breathe
On the Run
Time
The Great Gig in the Sky
Money
Us and Them
Any Colour You Like
Brain Damage
Eclipse

Encore:
The Happiest Days of Our Lives
Another Brick in the Wall (part 2)
Vera
Bring the Boys Back Home
Comfortably Numb

Everything was top notch, sound, show, performance, heck i didn't even miss Gilmour!

Never in my wildest dreams thought to see some day all Dark Side live, this was pure bliss.

NEON MERCURY

thats cool!  roger waters::music::lynch::film

i have never seemed him live....and its great to see that xixaxians are checking ou this shows...as i am readign your post i am listening to roger waters live at madison square garden...its the exact same setlist as the show you saw...the only difference is that special guest [and original pick floyd drummer] nick mason joins him for the entire dark side of the moon!!!!

fernando, did he mention anythign about his 10+ years in the making solo album yet???

mogwai

Roger Waters wants Pink Floyd reunion

Former Pink Floyd member Roger Waters has said that he would like his former band to reunite again.

Waters played Live8 in July 2005 with David Gilmour, Nick Mason and Richard Wright.

Speaking about the event, Waters said: "I felt it was very important for me to do Live8, and I thought it was great to get onstage with other three guys. I had nothing but positive feelings about that...I would do something else (like Live8) in a heartbeat- but if it was for anything more than a few songs, then I think there would be difficulties."

Waters said the relationships in the band were businesslike. He said: "I think it would be very cordial if we ever spoke to each other, but don't inhabit the same world socially. Rick (Wright) and I were never really friends, and Dave (Gilmour) and I were never really friends, so the fact that we are still no longer really friends is kind of irrelevant to all of our lives."

He also admitted his part in the band's demise.

Waters told Agence France-Press: "I don't think any of us came out of the years from 1985 with any credit, really. It was a bad, negative time, really. And I regret my part in that negativity. Why should I have imposed my feeling about the work and what it was worth on the others if they didn't reel the same? I was wrong in attempting to do that."

Fernando

Quote from: pyramid machine on March 06, 2007, 08:38:58 PM
fernando, did he mention anythign about his 10+ years in the making solo album yet???

Are you refering to Ca Ira? He didn't talk about any new album, but in a small article in a newspaper here he mentioned that hopes to be touring and making music for at least ten more years, and that's great news for everybody who likes his work.

NEON MERCURY

Quote from: Fernando on March 07, 2007, 12:29:04 PM
Quote from: pyramid machine on March 06, 2007, 08:38:58 PM

Are you refering to Ca Ira? He didn't talk about any new album, but in a small article in a newspaper here he mentioned that hopes to be touring and making music for at least ten more years, and that's great news for everybody who likes his work.

nah, i was referring to his next "rock" album...its been years since amused to death...i've heard that its in the works but.....